Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newby in need of hopeless hair help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
APrincess2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APrincess2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newby in need of hopeless hair help!
    Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:35am

What can you do to stop extreme breakage and restore good condition? What are some good Protein and/or Deep conditioners,  directions for them, and how often can you do them?

Home made conditoner recipes are appreciated 

Edited by APrincess2
APrincess
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 1:36pm
Do you want relaxed hair or natural hair?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
APrincess2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APrincess2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 8:17pm

What I really want is a healthy head of hair, but at this point I've got a little of both, so I think right now straight might be preferable. My roots and ends are natural which is about 2" of my 6" length. I believe I could manage to work with it better if it were straight.

BTW Thanx for replying to my post.

APrincess
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 8:19am
Well it would be healthier if you went natural but if you want to keep it straight you need to take really good care of your hair. Definitely don't color it if you're gonna have it straight. You'll probably have to cut off the natural ends because if you try to put relaxer on it it'll probably overprocess your hair and cause even more breakage. I would stay away from the blowdryers and hot combs and anything heat that'll cause more breakage. How long ago did you use the super? I think you should wait a month or more before putting any more chemicals on your hair. You can wear your hair in braids now until it gets in better shape. I hope some of this helps.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic