Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uh oh. Was my Corioliss a mistake?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
megletx3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megletx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uh oh. Was my Corioliss a mistake?
    Posted: December 29 2005 at 2:56pm

I have frizzy wavy hair that I don't like. I've been searching for a good straightening iron and I was at the mall last week and the kiosk lady for Corioliss showed me what she had. I was very intrigued but thought that $150 was too much. So I went home and searched Ebay and got it for $50. That's better, right? Well I decided to research it more ((even though I should have done that in the first place!)) and it looks as if people on this website aren't big fans of the Corioliss. Hmm, well, that sucks! But I figured those are just some people... Here's my situation. I have long hair that can be frizzy and it's definitely wavy, and I don't like that. Most people's concerns are that the Corioliss drys out hair, but I wouldn't be using it every day, so the risk is less for me, right? And the other issue was the chord shorting out. Well I guess I'll just have to hope that I'll get lucky on that end of it...

So.. I want everyone to tell me what they think of the Corioliss.. Good or bad, I want to be prepared. I've already bought it now, so it's too late to return it. I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet.. Anyway, just let me know what you all think.. Thanks soooooo much.

Check out my myspace! =) http://www.myspace.com/qtmeglet
kellil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 1:54am
i bought the coriliss and HATED it!  It didnt heat up as well as the chi I had, was more money and pulled my hair you could hear it!  Took it back I wouldnt waste your money
complete 5/05! My baby is home!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 2:37am

I think that all straightening irons dry out hair, so if you are happy with the Corioliss, just make sure you use it carefully (not too often and always with a heat protective product on your hair).

Also, different things work for different people; I hope this works for you.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
ChloeRae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChloeRae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:16pm
I had two (2!!) Corioliss irons, and both FELL APART. I take good care of my hair, and therefore my hair products, and I have never been so mad! The first time I took it back to the kiosk where I bought it, and they gave me a new one, and then the second time (why didn't I just learn my lesson?!!!) it fell apart it was too late; they no longer have Corioliss kiosk's in any of the malls around where I live. Too bad. :-\ I'll be investing in a Sedu soon, anyway.
stinastina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinastina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 5:02pm
I like mine. I got it off ebay, too. My hair has never been so striaght, even when I relaxed it. 
Denise Kingsley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denise Kingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 9:20am
I have never used this iron, but, are you using any products on your hair?
Try applying Aquage smoothing gel before drying, and then use Heat Glide by Redken before ironing.
Do you use a smoothing shampoo and conditioner?
Proper flat ironing is an art form. you should always keep the iron moving, and follow the comb, making sure the hair is not overlapped when ironing.
Denise Kingsley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic