Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YoshikiSquall’s hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yoshikisquall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YoshikiSquall’s hair journal
    Posted: December 30 2005 at 12:57am

:) A journal of my very own! Yay.

Well I used to have waist length hair? It's pretty thick and very very frizzy, but I believed it was from all the dying and the excessive usage of the straitening iron. I decided to cut all the damaged hair off sometime around 10-18-05. The top of my hair seems to be growing, but slowly. The bottom/lower hair has grown 1.5-2inches :) But now I look really really shaggy, heh.

As of now my hair is sorta frizzy/fluffy but it isn’t as bad as it was before. It's also a great deal easier to comb now. I’ve also changed my hair washing routines so I do a CO every few days (3-4) and then once a month do a COW-C. I only clarify (most of the time) once a month.

I’ve started to use shea butter on my hair in place of gel. My hair seems to really like it. I can maintain the various looks depending on how much I use and if I put in jojoba oil in as well. So far my hair is a lot shinier and thicker then it used to be so I’m pretty happy with it (I have fewer thin strands or weird shaped ones).

Edited by yoshikisquall
Hair type 3b/3c M/C ii/iii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 11:47pm

I clarified today. I try to do it at least once every 2-3 weeks but I’ve been slacking. It feels so soft and healthy now instead of dry and brittle. Even though I really really really really miss my length but I’m happy I cut it off. I remember how tangled it was and how much trouble the ends gave me because I fried them....

The back of my hair reaches the bottom/base of my neck now. I’m so happy! Cant wait until it’s ponytail length! I think I’m going to invest in a scarf though, to keep it from snagging on stuff (I hate covering my hair but when it’s this short it’s still a big prob and sticks out everywhere heh).

Bye bye and I hope the bad hair day fairy doesnt visit you! (She currently lives in my closet and no amount of spraying will make her go away...)

Edited by yoshikisquall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 4:19am
I tore at my hair today. Was pretty upset about that. I was in a rush and tore through it... *sighs* I must try to resist the urge to do that.. But on a bright note I can sorta tie up my hair (the upper half). I'm so happy! Sooner or later I'll be able to put it into a ponytail :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:57am

Yay an update! :)

Wow it's been a while since I've checked the forms. So much new stuff to read! hehe

I stopped tearing through my hair and am now able to comb it gently...Still havent stopped combing it when it's wet but I'll get there sooner or later

I stopped putting the shea butter into my hair... I can feel the difference now. It feels rougher and not as soft... Must make time to do it. I also noticed that when I take vitamins it did make my hair grow faster and healther and when I was off it's very slow (w/ Vitamins it was like 1½ inches and off of them its only ¾ inches...). It could also be the fact that I've come into alot of stress because of family related issues...I think I'm going to go back on them to see if it start up again and if so I'll defently continue to take them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 9:50am
Hehehe. I'm growing my hair again. Though this time it's taking much longer. I think it's the stress or something affecting it... XD Taking the vitamines ever few days. For some reason when I try to take them every day I feel like I'm going to gag but when I cut back to ever few days it works well (probably because of the rest of the meds I have to take). For giggles and grins I styled my hair like Cloud's from FF VII, that was a trip... and a lot of egg whites/hair spray. Yay for defying gravity! Probably shouldnt of done that but I had to... Wish I had a camera. Was thinking of making a tutorial on how to do it.... The back of my hair is a little past my shoulders and my 'bangs' are almost to my chin (half a cm left to go). Yay! At least there's no more damage... I need to get it trimmed again though... it's been a few months... *sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic