Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sedu flat iron?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sedu flat iron?
    Posted: December 30 2005 at 2:57pm

hey again, im considering buying this, exactly how good is it?

i live in toronto by the way does anyone know any salons or stores that carry this flat iron???

-thanks xoxox

IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 7:07am
I think everyone buys theirs online at folica.com thats where I got mine.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
liwarren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liwarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 7:09am
I really LOVE my Sedu.  I do think it is less damaging to my hair than the CHI I have.  Purchased mine at folica also.
kellil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 1:26pm

I just purchased the solia.  At of course, folica.com!  I will tell you how it works out when I get it!  And its on sale for 88.00 with free shipping!  I spent 125.00 on my chi a year ago!

complete 5/05! My baby is home!
beautyfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:46pm

Just to let everyone know, I did some research on the sedu flat iron and look what I found:

http ://www.misikko.com/sedu-iron.html

I'm not sure how true all these points are, but it seems pretty clear to me that the sedu flat iron is pretty much a scam. I mean I've heard Jennifer ANiston uses it but has anyone ever seen anything that actually proves she does? This site actually has articles from magazines like Allure that proves she DOESN'T use it. She's probably never even heard of it!  Also, the other stuff about the "as seen in allure" is also true. It disgusts me that a company would be so deceiving like this. I'd never use the sedu and I"ve lost any interest in getting one. I'll stick to my CHI flat iron any day!! Also, sedu is made by folica (as well as the solia) so it's no surprise that every review on folica's website rates the sedu "five stars". Their ratings are pretty biased if you ask me and I would never consider doing business with a company like that.

pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 10:18pm

So... um... did I just make a mistake with my Solia?

I've noticed that the Sedu doesn't seem too special, but I figured the Solia didn't seem too bad. I just got it today but have yet to try it.

Oh yeah, and I read that article in the link and while it is true that I am always taken to folica.com when I looked for the Sedu, the Solia actually has a website. Is it really owned by follica? I personally will try it out to see if it's still good regardless of who owns it.

Edited by pinksummer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 10:45pm
The point I was trying to make was that the sedu & solia are purchased by the reviews people leave and what they hear about it and it's very deceiving because most of these claims are made by folica/sedu/solia (all same company). what happens is folica manufactures the sedu and solia and then they make manufacturers website. if you look at contact information, they are all in NJ and all very near each other. it just seems too coincidental that the sedu and solia both are rated "top flat irons" on folica, because they obviously profit on both of them the most. they profit because they post fake claims  like "best rated flat iron, top rated flat iron" and people buy it because people in good faith think these claims are true when they are generated by the company who makes it. Overall, I'd just like everyone who is going to purchase these in the future to be aware to make your own judgement. Sedu/folica/solia are very deceiving companies in the way they advertise and do business and I know business is nothing personal but I know many people who've written to me saying they felt the sedu and solia were nothing special and were taken by the reviews and ratings. When I originally found this out (I was researching to BUY the sedu when I discovered all this), I was shocked and felt I had almost been conned into buying one and I don't want anybody to feel the way I did.
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 10:21pm

hey guys, i didnt end up getting the sedu because i HATE ordering thigns online, i have a hard time trusting the internet i live in toronto by the way and it seems like we have access to nothing around here, anywho i bought a really good flat iron called hair art its the 1 3/4 inch and its great on my hair, it makes its very shiny and healthy looking compared to my old over sized ceramic iron some say that it works the equivalent to sedu im not really sure. Just wanted to say that hairart rocks! take care

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:00am
beautyfull, which review websites would you recommend?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 3:36am

Hairart is a really good company! They started the T3 Tourmaline brand and eventually T3 became so big they diverged into another company. But great choice - hairart has been around for a long time and they are known for great quality appliances.

Pinksummer -I did find a site that I thought had a great review of flat irons but here's what I don't recommend most importantly:

- Any site that links to another site to purchase. For example, http://www.flatironreviews.com/, when you go to "compare prices" it goes straight to folica.com. This means folica owns the site which means they can edit whatever content and reviews they want = All reviews that are five stars, two thumbs up, etc. All the reviews you can bet are written by folica and are all biased lies. Same with http://www.beauty-product-reviews.com/. AVOID THESE SITES AT ALL COST they are all lies. I'm sorry from all I've read I think folica is really pathetic at this point but I'll keep my opinion to myself.

- I actually found a site which I think does a good review of flat irons: http://makeupalley.com/product/helpfulreviews.asp/r=604906/. The pros and cons is great as well as different flat iron types.

I hope this helps you! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 3:01am

I've checked out makeupalley (love it), and have read that review before but I see it got a nice little update...good job!  I just don't like how sometimes i can't find certain straightening iron reviews.

Anyway, my mom wants me to return the Solia and after burning herself with it four times in her first use she considers it a sign. And I have just discovered overstock.com!

check out these little gems...and their nice little prices.

CHI 1:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PR OD_ID=1534478

CHI 2 (is 7/10 smaller than one inch? i've never been good with measurements):
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&pr od_id=1680600

T3:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&pr od_id=1536158

FHI:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&pr od_id=1680600

And they also have FHI. Is that any good? It looks very pretty.  I also found a HairArt elsewhere for a nice price... and the look of reminds me of the Solia that burned my mommy's poor fingers. And while we're on the subject... the T3 catches my eye (the 1" model)... but does tourmaline really make that much of a difference?

Dottyca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dottyca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 11:11pm

Look at Sedu site's (http://www.sedubeauty.com/) notice about Misikko and other sites.  what is going on?

Consumer Beware of the following scams:

Misikko.com (Misikko, Inc, at  P.O. Box 9638 Wilmington DE) practices bait and switch: that person does NOT have Sedu irons!

OnlineRewardCenter.com, SamplePromotionsGroup.com and sedu.onlinerewardcenter.com are all email spamming sites. They use Blatant False Advertising ("free Sedu iron") to lure visitors into their sites to sign up for their junk email.

Edited by Dottyca

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 10:32am

Ok, from what I know of the situation - Misikko at one point DID carry the sedu flat iron. However, they got ALOT of returns on it and realized the sedu flat iron isn't worth the money/quality/claims they promise so they stopped carrying it and wrote that long caution review because they felt the consumer should know. Sedu/Folica didn't like it so they basically retaliated and said Misikko is trying to "bait and switch" but I'm not sure thats possible because who would buy the sedu from misikko after reading that review? Also, I'm not positive but I don't think Misikko advertises they even DO carry the sedu, and in order to bait and switch don't they have to pretend they carry it?

LOL also isn't misikko a company? I love how they write "that person does NOT have the sedu irons!" LOL!

laur2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laur2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 2:36pm
Hi! i have both a sedu and chi.  the reason i switched from a sedu to a chi was because the sedu didnt get hot enough for me and i couldnt get my hair as straight as i wanted without having to go over the same section a few times.  the exterior also got very hot and i couldnt curl/wave my hair like i can with the chi, but you can still flip the hair in or out with the sedu.  the outside never got hot enough to actually burn the skin but it wasnt comfortable to clamp down on the plates with your fingers at all (i know some people like to squeeze the outside as they straighten).  what i liked about the sedu was that the plates are so smooth and the hair just glides right through them and i never experienced any pulling or snaging.  i also noticed less breakage than with other irons ive used, but that has more to do with the condition of the hair rather than the iron. it still did some damage as would any hot tool but it LOOKED and FELT like less.  even if the sedu wasnt actually featured in allure i still thought the sedu was a good iron it just didnt get hot enough. the sedu is a good iron if you have hair that is fairly easy to straighten or you dont mind going over the same section a few times.  i personally would recommend a chi, i absolutely love it.  the only thing is that it doesnt have a temp dial so it gets REALLY hot so be careful not to squeeze the plates too hard if you have fine hair that can damage easily because supposedly the harder you squeeze the chi the hotter it gets (this is what the company says).  so you should definetly use a heat protectant which you should use anyways when youre using heat on the hair to keep the damage to a minimum.  i purchased both at folica and paid around $120 for each, i know some salons charge around $200 for the chi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic