Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

products that are bad for relaxed hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brad123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: products that are bad for relaxed hair
    Posted: January 09 2006 at 7:38pm
I had my hair relaxed by Paul Brown straight perm.  My hair is really thick and really corkscrew curly (before it was relaxed). My question is, what products do I want to stay away from so that my hair doesn't curl up again before I have to get it relaxed again in 3 months?  Does either shampoo or conditioner make chemically relaxed hair go back to its original state if the product is used a lot?
adamsnez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamsnez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 5:40pm
i cant answer your qustion, but i have a question for YOU..

can you post up pics of your before/after experience with relaxing?
im looking at getting mine done.

I have very little wave in my hair, and it's only in my bangs, but i want it STICK straight so i never have to do much maintenance.. (it'll be easier to make my 'emo' haircuts)

Thx!!
Brad123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:25pm
Sry, I don't have any pics.  This straightening is great, tho it did take 2 treatments to get a lot of the curl out. I was able to go back a week later and get it done again. Now I get it every 3 months. I think Paul Brown relaxer is one of the gentlest relaxers since it doenst have lye--it has thiolygate or whatever its called.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic