Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaining Weight (shocking I know)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melantha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaining Weight (shocking I know)
    Posted: January 10 2006 at 7:23am

Recently I dropped a huge amount of weight (At this point, since I'm still losing, I'm guessing at least ten pounds) in a very short span of time (three weeks). The thing I was wondering is if anyone knows any sort of Ensure type thing that is nutritious and doesn't taste like crap. The main things I need are protein and calories, because I'm healing.

Has anyone here ever had surgery where you had to be on a liquid diet? Any tips for keeping healthy during recovery?

Honestly I'm terrified that I'll lose too much weight, go critical and have to be in the hospital. I only had three extra pounds to spare, and it's getting harder and harder to even walk around I'm so weak. I know no one wants to gain weight now a days, but if you've ever been forced on a liquid diet even just a little reassurance would help. I'm so scared....

Capt. Hook: Adventures of a Notorious Youth ~ Best book ever! Read it! ^_^V
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 8:04pm

I can honestly say that I know how scary the whole weight issue can be to people. I've suffered from Anorexia and Bulimia for years now, and it's something a person must deal with on a day to day basis.

If you are scared at how much weight you feel you have lost, then you just have to force yourself to eat something, whether you feel like it or not. If a person doesnt want to do it for themselves, then they need to try and think about how it's affecting their family, and do it for them.

If you are scared about having to go into the hospital, then take steps to make sure your situation doesnt get that bad.

You said that you are so weak that you are finding it hard to even walk around-- if that's the case then you need to do something to improve the situation (whether that means making a concious effort to eat more, or being hospitalized), unless of course you dont want to.

I do daycare 55 hours a week for my niece and nephews, and my family knows they mean everything to me. My sister (the children's mother) told me straight out that if I didnt stop losing weight, and didnt gain X amount of lbs then the children would not be in my care any longer. That alone put things in perspective for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic