Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
almost... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almost... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!!!!!!
    Posted: January 11 2006 at 2:37pm
I have naturally medium brown hair. Over the past few months, I have had blonde highlights put into my hair.  Lots of them!  I was tired of looking at the blonde as it washed me out so I went to the drugstore to speak to someone there.  The girl in cosmetics told me that I had to put red back in before I could use a brown colour.  She said not to condition after the red, just to immediately do the brown colour.  Well, that's what I did.  My hair now is a very dark auburn.  It's not bad looking but it's still not me.  Is there anything that I can do or use to counteract the red and look more brown?  Please help me...just want to look like myself again and well, almost...
CoconutShy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoconutShy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:43pm

HSe was an idiot for saying that you needed red before brown.  People really don't know what  they are talking about sometimes.

You could go for a brown with GREEN undertones.  It'll leave your heair brown, but the green undetones will tone down the red in your hair.

Are you using semipermanent colors?  If you aren't, then it'd be best to just wait a while to change it again so that your hair doesn't get damaged. 

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:41am
 UH~you do need red before brown if your hair is light blond. (or light blonde highlights,whatever) I just did the same thing,except I didnt use a color with enough red and my hair TURNED GREEN! Pretty unsightly!
Then I put red over it and added the brown just as you did,and now it's fine. I like the red,it's better then Green or even blonde coming through.
You could use and ASH color like coconutshy suggested or a darker brown. Either way,there will still be some red highlights. But red does fade quickly,so maybe you will grow to like it.
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 12:09pm
Jules, you keep bumping up old threads with replies.  It's kind of annoying for those of us who keep thinking these are new topics. Check the date on the topic please before replying. thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 12:20pm
 I'm sorry,how do you "bump" something up? I have no idea what any of this stuff means
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 12:41pm

Jules, don't feel bad. I have found a bunch of good information from someone bumping up an old topic, that I never saw before. I have read most of your answers and you seem a very nice and sweet person. I don't want you to feel bad or think that all the people on this site are as easily "annoyed".

When you post a reply to an old thread, it is automatically bumped up to the top of the page. Personally I have found great answers from someone answering an old post, that was never correctly answered when it was originally posted. So if you find an old post to which you have the perfect answer for, by all means please go ahead and post your answer. You might be providing much needed information for someone looking for that answer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your answers with the rest of us. It may help many avoid a blooper. And that is what this website is all about. I personally really appreciate it.

Much love, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 3:33pm
  Thanks,I didnt know that would happen (the topic being at the top or whatever) I dont want to make anyone mad. I just have exprienced alot of these old topics and thought as you said someone may benefit from the answer.
I'm still not really computer aware,so all the "sticky" talk and bumping is confusing to me. I just find this site highly intresting cuz of my own hair expriences and replied to all that I thought I could help with.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:30pm
Don't worry, I've been visiting this site for over a year and I still don't know what most of the stuff means LOL (stickys etc) so don't feel bad. Again thank you for being so kind and taking the time to share your knowledge.

Shary
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:57pm
I wasn't trying to be mean. Yeah, bumping it up means returning it to the top of the list by replying. Most of the forums I visit recommend you create a new thread on the topic to keep it current. 

It is just a bit misleading--I thought this was a new thread. And also, I'm not exactly uber-smart-I just accidentally turned on bold and am having a heck of a time getting it to turn off.

Ah, there, that's better.  Anway, sorry for coming off as mean or snooty and welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic