Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Body Wave?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body Wave?
    Posted: January 16 2006 at 10:34pm

I was just wondering, has anybody ever had a body wave and liked the results they got?  I know perms have come a long way since the late 80's/early 90's and I'm wondering if a body wave is one option I should consider.  I have fine, thin hair that I  no longer color. It's about shoulder length, with only a few long layers. It does not hold a style very long and I'm sick and tired of trying to figure out what kinds of layered cuts "do the trick" for me.  Besides, even if I do find a stylist who can give me an amazing cut, it's usually a one time deal and I end up getting my hair butchered the next time I go back.  Too many layers end up working against me.

I've done the spiral perm thing in the past and always had good results - my hair took the perm well.  I'm not going for the tight curl look, just something more natural looking that will boost my hair's body and volume. 

Is this a good idea?

Highland lassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland lassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:46am
A body wave is nothing more than a perm wrapped on large rods or rollers to impart a loose "curl" into the hair.Other techniques can be used eg., pin curls or barrel curls and then solution is applied. These last two methods should only be done by a very experienced and talented stylist.
In the past I have had many body waves and also have given many. They work great when done properly.
Remember that a body perm doesn't last as long as a conventional perm due to the looseness of the "curl" or wave. typically a body perm will last around 8 weeks. The hair will still be permed, its just that the curl or wave will relax and optimum results are had within that 8 week window.
Another option to consider is a root perm where only the root is permed. This acts to give volume only at the scalp.Your desired hair style, and your stylist will direct you to the best option.

Edited by Highland lassie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic