Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CO experience thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:19pm

Probably a diluted shampoo is in order.....have you been shampooing at all or just CO for the last few weeks? I am thinking about using the Chagrin Valley soaps Anais mentioned, since that piecy-stringy thing keeps happening to me after awhile.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:50am
Just COing for the last month. Oddly, it doesn't feel as piecy today. Maybe it's reabsorbed or something? I don't know but at least it's looking better

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:16am
Sorry we haven't participated lately in the forum.  We're around, but just reading.  It's strange, but with Jennifer's hair, we knew the CO was making her hair feel nicer, although the itchy scalp was driving her crazy from time to time and she was having flakes from scalp buildup.  Once in a great while, we'll use shampoo on her hair (yes even on the ends, I know ... BAD! ... but it's too tempting) and immediately it's light and fluffy, but a day or two later it begins to feel like straw.  It's nothing the conditioner can't fix in a few days.  The CO definitely makes her hair feel much healthier.  We've been trying to use ACV rinses each time we wash her hair lately and the itchiness and flakes are beginning to diminish so maybe this is good.  I still give her head and good scratching every day or two.  I don't know if it helps anything, but she enjoys it so it's doing some good.  I have a couple new pictures so I'll be updating her signature here soon.  LadyFrog, it's good to hear your hair looks better today.  If you can stick with it and find solutions to the problems, the CO will be worth it.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:36pm

SpecialKitty, I love the waves in your sig hair

Tdouty, good to see you around!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 3:26pm
Thank You Anais!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:03pm
I finally broke down today and used a bit of shampoo after an ACV rinse. I just had too much conditioner build-up in my hair - it was totally lifeless. The ACV rinse had been so drying that I added a tiny bit of conditioning shampoo. I will go back to CO but just needed that little boost of shiny bouncy hair for a bit to resist my urge to cut it all off!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:31pm
SpecialKitty, do you use a clarifying conditioner once in a while to remove the buildup?  We just use Suave Clarifying Conditioner once every week or two and it does the trick.

1c.m.ii
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 2:46pm
I have to admit I shampooed last wash. My hair looked so much better and lighter afterwards. I think that I may go to CO one week and shampoo the next or something similar. My hair doesn't get greasy though now!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 3:47pm

Hi Tdouty and Jennifer, Thanks for the recommendation for a clarifying conditioner. I will check it out. I think the ACV rinses may be too harsh for my hair (they definitely clarify though!). I'm probably going to do what you're doing, LadyFrog, and do CO one week and shampoo the next. It's really an ongoing experiment.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:04am
It's still an experiment for us too.  We use primarily CO; however, we still use shampoo on Jennifer's hair from time to time as well.  We have found that when we shampoo her hair, it gets very dry so we have to do more oiling to add some moisture to it.  As you say LadyFrog, the shampoo does leaves her hair much lighter looking and feeling.  CO leaves her hair clean, but feeling heavier and not so fluffy.  Overall, we both like CO better.

1c.m.ii
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 10:16am
as you say, COing makes the hair heavier and darker. My hair is quite heavy to start with though so I really don't want to make it weight more! You're right though-it's all an ongoing experiment!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 9:28pm
when i CO, mine feels soft. it doesn't feel heavy like others are describing tho...it actually feels alot lighter. i also have alot of breakage through my hair right now, which all seemed to flyaway and reach for the sky. nothing a little mayonaise didn't fix 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic