Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bad cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad cut
    Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:23pm
Hi everyone....I have been reading this forum for the last few days and decided to join. After years of short hair, all last year I grew mine out to shoulder blade length. I found a good hairdresser to put long layers in and I loved it. Just 2 weeks ago, I went back to same stylist to get a touchup of layers and pretty much got butchered.  The layers looked so hideous that I had no choice other than to cut length off to just past chin length. I still have a few layers at the very bottom and now I am just determine to get by until it all grows back.  I think my hair grows fairly fast and I am hoping by summer to be pretty much back to normal.  Do you all think that possible?  I'll settle for close! 
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:17pm
Sure it might be possible, but be cautious of hair stylists.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:31pm
Last year a member / friend of mine at another forum cut to a chin length bob in June and she was down past her shoulders by the end of the year so you could be really close if not there or past.

Sorry to hear about your unwanted cut. Hope you never have a bad experience like that again.

Edited by PurpleBubba
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 4:00am

Hi Kelly

Sorry to hear about that unfortunate experience

Why don't you start measuring your hair each month to get an accurate idea of it's growth rate?  That way you could better predict what length it will be at at whatever time you choose.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:07am

Sorry to hear about that, why are some hairdressers so *£$%£^(£$^%^ ??!!

Your hair will grow faster than you'd expect, I'm sure.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:18pm
Welcome KellyX!  Sorry to hear about your salon disaster.  Hope the grow-out is as painless and as quick as possible.
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:25am
Thanks all....I am doing alot better dealing with this cut than I thought I would.  Actually, it is a little longer than I thought.  Guess the shock just got me seeing different.  LOL Anyhow, it is just about touching my shoulders in the back, so I can deal with that.  I am sure I will be back to where I used to me in no time at all. It kinda looks cute actually so I have made out better than others here have. I definitely will love to have the support from all of you and will try to update progress as well. Why stop at shoulder blade length?  I am going for the gold!  lol
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 6:43pm

Welcome KellyX! You have a great attitude about what happened. I'll bet over the next few weeks that "butchered" look will mellow out and look really beautiful. Measuring will be a good indicator as well as motivator for you. Your hair will be the way you want in no time! Stay with the Board for encouragement if you need it.

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 3:09am
I agree with Kitty. A fresh start is good sometimes. You have so many milestones to come and many things to try along the way.
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 4:31am
Originally posted by KellyX KellyX wrote:

Thanks all....I am doing alot better dealing with this cut than I thought I would.  Actually, it is a little longer than I thought.  Guess the shock just got me seeing different.

Though we'd never believe it, oddly enough, we DO get over it! I've been there so many times ...

And I have to agree with Trophywife when she says, "... why are some hairdressers so *£$%£^(£$^%^ ??!!""

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:29am
Yes, you will get over it (I know that sounds impossible to believe at first) and concentrate all of your energies into the grow-grow-growing!  Good luck, ma belle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic