Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

itchy scalp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tsukidragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsukidragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: itchy scalp
    Posted: January 23 2006 at 3:02am

i don't know why, but my scalp has been itch and a lil dry. used same normal shampoo and conditioner for a while..i just don't know what to do...

should i cut my hair or something? =/

anything to moisturize scalp?

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:55pm

Cutting your hair will not make a difference.

Have you had scalp issues in the past? You'll want to eliminate more serious conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis.

If your scalp feels itchy and dry, you could try massaging oil into it before your shampooing. Get yourself some jojoba oil or coconut oil (coconut oil can be found in the cooking section of Walmart, or at natural food stores of all kinds), or any kind of oil such as sweet-almond oil, avocado oil, etc. ... Massaging a 1/2 tsp into your scalp will help simulate the natural oils that are normally washed away by the shampoo.

It could also be product buildup (helped by an apple cider vinegar rinse), or a surge in shedding of scalp skin. Or it could be the winter weather. Is it dry, low humidity where you live?

hope this helps

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
lilmizzsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmizzsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 9:06pm

hi, itchy scalp often, if not always, lead to dandruff because whenever you itch the scalp dead skin peels off...so one fact that needs to be clarified is whether you have dandruff or not.  if you do i recommend using a dandruff shampoo like h&s or selson blue because i think not only does it relieve you of dandruff but cures your itchiness too...if itchiness still persists it will be best to see a doctor...btw if you have any skin conditions, it might be the reason why...just trying to help =)

peace xoxo

you know you love me *mwa*
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 10:34pm

sometimes just sometimes it could be the result or your regular shampoo. change shampoo for a while and see what happends. if not that use head and shoulder scalp moisturizing. it supposingly made for dry scalp but who knows, although head and shoulders is a good product for dandruff if not drying to the hair.

ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic