Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am procrastinating- wispy bits?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am procrastinating- wispy bits?
    Posted: January 25 2006 at 3:34pm
I'm kind of toying with the idea of getting a few wispy chin/jaw length face framing bits cut in because I think they'd look better when I wear my hair up. But I dunno. If I don't like them... And what about plaits? Anyone have them? What do they look like with a single plait? I'm thinking I might buy some clip on hair and snip it to the right length to see but I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 5:25pm
Your hair is beautiful as it is although they could look pretty but I know when I cut my fringe in, i totally regretted it the next day. Although since they're wispy you can easily hide them I guess if you don't like them. Good luck whatever you do.
dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 6:40pm
I did it once when my hair was much shorter, and I regretted it big time. I
hate having hair fall in my face, and it wouldn't stay in braids or updos. But
if that doesn't bother you, no problem!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 8:48pm

clip-on hair is an EXCELLENT idea. Kind of try before you buy (but it's really buy before you try...LOL )

And if you do like it, then just do wispy bits that you could disguise if you didn't like them down the track.  However.....wait 2 weeks from now before you do anything

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 11:34pm

I have them naturally from fairy-tale tapering. The longer I waited, the more hair shedded and the more hair grew in at different rates. All hairs fall out within 3-5 years. If you plan on doing active growing in the next three years or more, then I don't think you'll need to get layers cut in.

They'll come anyway.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 9:48am
Yeah, I think layers would annoy me and I kind of like my all one length hair. I'll show you a pic of what I meant to clarify.

( The bits I mean to cut in are in red- wow I'm so good at computer drawing-not! Only on both sides, obviously)

file:///D:/My%20doc*ment/Ruth/Hair%20bits.JPG

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 9:49am
OK, it won't do it. sorry

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:04am
Ladyfrog, I really like your new photo, it looks lovely!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:25am
p.s. I think wispy bits would suit you and they will also allow you much more versatility with your long hair, e.g. in up-dos and half-up ones.  As someone says above, if they are wispy, you can blend them into the rest of your hair too, if you get sick of them! 
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:41am
If you get the urge to cut the hair extensions is SUCH a good idea! 
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 7:37am

I had chin length bangs cut in December.  I actually really like them.  They're thin, not drastic, and allow me to pull my hair back without...I don't, looking washed out?  I pulled them back the other day for a quick hairstyle and had to put makeup on because my face looked soooo white without them.

But I more or less cut mine because I already had this fuzzy all different lengths of wispy crap that keeps coming in around my hairline.  The best part is that it's coming in in all different directions, so I don't even have a natural looking part anymore.

G'luck!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by LadyFrog LadyFrog wrote:

Yeah, I think layers would annoy me and I kind of like my all one length hair. I'll show you a pic of what I meant to clarify.

( The bits I mean to cut in are in red- wow I'm so good at computer drawing-not! Only on both sides, obviously)

file:///D:/My%20doc*ment/Ruth/Hair%20bits.JPG

Hi LadyFrog,

You could upload the picture to a web host.  tinypic.com is one I like to use.  FWIW, I think your hair is super-fantastic as is, but that's merely my opinion.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 4:48am
Tinypics gone a bit weird on my computer
I don't think I'll be cutting them in after all I've thought about it and decided that it might look a bit weird as the rest of my hair is so long. Thank you everyone for your wise words of advice and hair comps Your hair is gorgoeus too dave.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:15pm
LadyFrog, you are most definitely deserving of the comps.  And I thank you for yours.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic