Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone had a nose job?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
harvard_hottie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvard_hottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone had a nose job?
    Posted: January 29 2006 at 7:38pm
If anyone has had a nose job let me know. I have an appointment with a  plastic surgen in a few weeks for a consultation. I just want to talk to people who have had it done and I want to know  how they feel with their results and the whole surgery  in general.  Im still up in the air about getting mine done. My nose isn't that big,but I think it takes away from my face. I just want the size reduce and tad bit. Thanx :)
     -~*`THINK PINK`*~-
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:16am

I had my nose done year ago and it is better but I tried to make them understand that I wanted a significant change but that didn't happen. So now I want it re-done but need to pay that bill off first. It wasn't that bad of surgery but I still have numbness on the tip of my nose and really sensitive nerves on the sides of my nose.  If you press your fingers down the sides it sorta hurts when you rub down those nerves.  I want it re-done cause I want my nose to be more narrow and femine...it doesn't look bad now but it isn't right for my face...I don't think....but of course my husband loves it....but it could look better and i know it....just hate to spend that money again on the same procedure.

I know a lot of people who have nose jobs usually get it done more than once because they aren't happy with the results the first time. Just try and make him understand what you want...and yes I understand what you mean about taking away from your face...I feel the same way about mine.

Good Luck!

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
iibangduckiez View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iibangduckiez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:47pm

I've had four.

I'm 16 (in a day! OOH! )...and when I was eleven I broke my nose down to the point where I pretty much...didn't have one...Actually...I broke most of face...lol

And...unless it is THAT messed up...I don't really recommend it...I got operated by Dr. Wolfe...and he's that same surgeon that operates on Julianna (she that little girl on the special on TLC--Born Without A Face)...He's one of the best...and I'm getting my 5th surgery this April...Most likely my last, but still...it's really hard for nose jobs to come out right, nonetheless the way you want it...

Nosejobs aren't like getting a new hairstyle that you say "I want this"...and if you have a good hairstylist it comes out very similar...with nose jobs they work with what they got...and try to correct imperfections...If you want Nicole Kidman's nose, it's never gonna be like that...But they might make your nose look better, but never a certain way.

It didn't hurt me...It's just uncomfortable for a few weeks, and the tip of my nose is hard...Well...for me it's cause they had to put a bone straight down to fix it.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:14am
Yeah, you make a good point there duckiez, if you want Nicole Kidman's nose so bad but it isn't possible when using what you've already got, you end up looking like Michael Jackson!!!
amymarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 6:12am
I got a nose job September 2005, Dr Hopping in Washington DC. I love it! I
researched the heck out of facial surgeons. My advice go to a surgeon who
specializes in facial surgery. That is all this doctor does. Also look at before
and after shots, make sure he has tons of photos. This doctor went in from
the inside, there were no outside cuts, no scars. Short recovery, and not so
painful. It was a dramatic change for me and even my mom loves it. It is
the cute nose I always wanted.
honey1244 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey1244 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 3:03pm

i got mine done in 2003. i did a lot of research and spoke to alot of people i knoew that had it. u just have to make sure u let the doctor know what u want. what i loved about my doctor was that he told me that everyone is different and that he cant tell me exactly what my nose will look like, but that he will make it perfect for my face.and will make it look natural. when i tell people i got it done, they are shocked. it doesnt look fake. He owns his own practice with many other doctors under him and he specialized in nose jobs and face surgurys. It was not painful at all, just uncomfortable like, someone else said. i would do it all over again if i had to. i love my nose now and am so happy with it. honestly if u are self-consieous about ur nose and u dislike it, go for it! u will be so happy in the end, as long as u do ur research. mine cost $5000.

hope this helps.

FLYGIRL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLYGIRL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 6:07pm
i've been thinking about this lately and i want a smoother more narrow nose.  i have a very visible hump right below the eye area. i want there to be a difference between my nose and my face. right now it's not defined and is similar to an asian nose.  flat and wide.  oh well Confused

Edited by FLYGIRL - June 18 2006 at 6:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic