Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brad123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed
    Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:19pm

I had my very curly hair relaxed by Paul Brown Straight Perm. It looks great when it's wet, hardly any curl. But when it dries, it kinda poofs up and curls more just a little. Is there anything I can do to prevent this (besides blowdrying/straight iron--I stay away from those)?

leggomydiego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leggomydiego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 9:02pm
When I got my hair chemically straightened it did the same thing =[ The trick is putting a very light moose product on it when it is still wet and straight. Make sure it isn't overly wet though. This will make the hair dry straight ^_^ Just be sure to run your fingers through your hair to get the moose hardness stuff out once it's 100% dry.
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:01am

You could also try using shampoo and conditioner designed for straight, sleek hair, like Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, which prevents hair from "poofing".  Applying a serum like John Frieda's Frizz Ease (or the one from the Paul Mitchell range) to your hair when it's wet may also help it to stay straight.

Good luck!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Brad123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:52am

Thanks for those tips.

trophywife, I have one more question. Right now I'm using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine (conditioner & shampoo) for dry, frizzy hair. I thought by using this I would be helping to eliminate the poof. Could this actually be making it worse?

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:47am

See, I would've thought that the Garnier stuff would help too, but I've heard A LOT of bad things about it (hairdressers' enemy, Fructis, apparently).

I'll post more tomorrow as I have to go to netball right now! Laters

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic