Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boys and long hair. Do they change?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boys and long hair. Do they change?
    Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:03pm

When I was in grade 3 there was this boy that I became best friends with.  For privacy reasons I will call him Gilbert. We stayed friends up to grade 6 and then the friendship was forced to end because he moved away in another province.  Before he moved away he made me promise that we would find a way to find each other when we would be grown up. I was devastated when I learned that he was moving away.  We would discuss sandbox issues at school, always complimented me on my dresses that my mother made for me, had empathy that I had to wear dresses because I wanted to climb trees etc. We always hold hands when we discuss everyday issues and a few times he had to rescue me from a boy that wanted to kiss me.

Gilbert was a very gentle boy but a brat.  He couldn't sit still on a chair when we were at a theathre.  He would crawl under his seat and crawl in between rows and pull the girls long hair. luckinly at the time I had short hair but then I would have punch him. That whole hair pulling thing went on everysince I knew him.  He couldn't help himself from torturing those girls and I had to rescue him from punches a few times.

Anyways to make a long story very short after 36 years of being apart I will have the opportunity of taking him out for coffee or a meal probably this weekend if it works out. I learned that he traveled the world and he is cute. Okay handsome and he is a very good singer.  He hasn't answered me if he still has this long hair fetish.

Part of me feels very silling for being so aggressive in keeping the promise of our past and a large part of me really wants to see my best friend of the heart.

dianefromcanada
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 3:29am
Diane, he was a young boy. Pigtail pulling is a stereotypical way in which boys tease girls at that age. I don't think it was a fetish or anything! I wouldn't even think about it, except out of pure sentimentality. At least that's what I can gather from what you're writing.
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 3:33am

I agree with Duke; I think your friend worked out that pulling girls' hair provoked a reaction from them and got him some attention, a lot of us are like that when we're younger, it's like that old playground adage of punching the boy or girl that you like.

I hope your coffee / meal / weekend works out really well and that you still have plenty to talk about after all these years...I'm sure you will!  Good luck with it.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 7:15am
What fun seeing an old friend like that!  And a handsome singer to boot!  I agree, kids grow up, it probably has nothing to do with how he is now.
Maybe he won't answer because he's embarrassed that you remember how he annoyed others, or maybe he does like long hair on women, but so do many men, it doesn't mean its a fetish.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 11:04am
Good luck with your reunion! That is so cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic