Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Beautiful Princess w/Bi-Racial Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
My2Princesses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My2Princesses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Beautiful Princess w/Bi-Racial Hair!
    Posted: February 01 2006 at 9:52pm
I have a Beautiful 4 1/2 year old Girl with very curly Bi-Racial hair. I'm just not sure if I'm styling it the right way. I've asked My husbands mother what to do and she says that I'm doing fine. I'm embarrassed to ask anyone outside the family, because people don't always approve. My daughter has gorgeous long(to the middle of her back when it's down)curly hair. She has a thing right now for headbands, but I very seldom let her wear them because her hair frizzes out when it's down. Right now I use Detangler to comb through it and Pink Oil lotion. I'm just not sure if there's anything that I should be using. My husbands clueless! If anyone can help me, it would mean the world to me. I try to to whatever I can for my girls, but this is hard because I just don't know! If you don't have advice but know of shop in the St.Louis area that would be understanding to the situation that would be Greatly appreciated also!! Thanks in advance
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 10:26am

Goodness! Please don't put Pink Oil Lotion on her hair!!! GREASY!! That's too much for black hair, so I know it's too much for hers.

Use Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Creme Oil Moisturizer instead. The best thing to do is apply it at night, brush it in, BRAID IT in large plaits, and take it down in the morning. Plaiting/braiding it at night will keep it from tangling.

Frizzies.....in the morning, FINGER COMB the hair when you unbraid it. Brushing or combing it will only give you BIG FRIZZY hair.

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
manimama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manimama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 4:55pm
...no disrespect to the other reader that replied to you but DO NOT USE PANTENE PRO V!!!! i have a 1 year old little girl (black and mexican) and i have used a few products on her hair. i am a google junky so when i hear something from a person i research it. first off, i heard that baby shampoo stunts hair growth-found out that may or may not be true, but since then i still have always used regular adult shampoo/conditioner on her hair (i dont recommend this if you think you will get it in her eyes-i havent yet though). back to the subject though-when she was just born her head full of hair was smooth and silky and i thought maybe i didnt need to put anything in it so i tried that-wrong! after about 5 days her hair was dry and flaky so i put baby oil in it (a friend's recommendation) but that gave her little oil bumps around her hair line so i tried pink oil, that worked ok but it was kinda greasy and i always saw the pantene oil cream daily moisturizer commercials on tv and i see people on message boards recommend it so i started using it and it worked alright, but it seems like it wears off after a while. when i would take her out of her car seat it would seem like i barely put any in the back of her hair (and believe me that is wear i put the most just for that reason). then i was looking around on line and i stumbled on something that said that pantene is BAD for your hair. so i started researching it more and there are so many salon sites that say the same thing. something about one of the ingredients in it is really bad for your hair. they say that so many people use it because it is so hyped up. from what i understand, it kind of makes your hair dependent on it. it's weird. i just think you should look into it first that's all. and i a have been using OPTIMUM oil moisturizer for the past 3 months on her hair and i really like it. it doesnt wear off, it helps to detangle her hair (hers is down her back and curly too), and it smells really good. hope this loooooong message helped.
Shay
mslady1985@hotmail.com
manimama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manimama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:08pm
...it's me again...this one will be shorter...i promise. i read your post again after i replied and i think i thought you were asking for a product to use, but if i am right you are really asking how to care for your little girl's hair-hopefully i'm right. well just make sure you keep it very moisturized, i dont know how dry her hair gets but you may need to grease her scalp sometimes (i do my little girls at least once a week), and you should try to find a black beauty supply store or at least a beauty supply store that has a vast variety of products for african american hair (a lot of places have rows of products for "white" hair and then just a little section for black hair) and then just read the bottles for what you want or ask the attendent. if you have tried this and someone was rude to you or made you feel uncomfortable maybe you could call first and assess how they react over the phone then decide if you want to go in person or take a friend with you for "support". if you are still clueless then you probably should get some professional help. but DONT BE EMBARRASSED!!! it's better for you to deal with this issue now than when she is older and kids are teasing her in school because of her "crazy hair"! you'll be glad you did. or if your mother in law says you are doing "fine" with what you do now maybe you could ask her to teach you something new.
Shay
mslady1985@hotmail.com
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:14pm
im biracial ( pic in profile) but i have the caucasion texture hair unsure what type she has. But i use jojoba oil or almond oil to keep the unrulyness down its natural and great my brothers same thing keeps it shiney its affordable and easy to do just add a few drops and rub on to her hair it will also help with growth and split ends.:) dont use the pink lotion but the detangler is fine but you can use it before you use the oil.

Edited by babycheeks24 - June 21 2006 at 10:15pm
Babycheeks
CuteHair4Eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteHair4Eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 2:52pm
Hiya hiya girl! I think that u should be care with this girl's black hair care -- not just anything will do for her curlz! I always stand by those hair products I linked to -- particularly for lil girls!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic