Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help finding a hairstyles for Prom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help finding a hairstyles for Prom
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 1:44pm

Hi, my prom's in April, I have auburn hair about shoulder length, its wavy and curly. My dress is a wine red, flowing top that goes over a white skirt. I am heavy set so I don't want my look making me fatter then what I am. I also have a tiara ( it is small out of respect to who ever is going to be the prom queen) that I'm going to wear so I need a hairstyle that would go well with it.

I won't be on the computer for a few days so if you want to you can send a copy of your answer to my email address: eaglestar14@yahoo.com

thanks for the help!

hi y'all
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:00am

A half-up style might look nice?  What shape is your face?  Do you have a nice neck and collarbone?  Which parts do you want to accentuate and which do you want to distract from?

It sounds like your dress and tiara will look great!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
eaglestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 5:49pm
My face is like a little between oval and round. I want would people to notice my face but still be in balance with my dress.
hi y'all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 3:10am

Okay, I will have a think.

Have you experimented at home with the tiara yet?

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
eaglestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:45pm
yes, but I not to sure what would be the best look. This is my frist formal event so I'm a little lost.
hi y'all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 2:28am
Formal dressing is difficult, because most of us don't do it very often and most of the stuff is quite expensive but also rare, (e.g. magazines aren't chock-full of formal clothes, hair and make-up these days).  But it doesn't mean that there's no inspiration available anywhere.  I would suggest that you do an internet search for photos of the Oscar ceremonies and look at what the actresses have done with their hair on those occasions...do any of those looks appeal to you? 
eaglestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 6:23pm
some do but there's not much to choose from because some of the looks just isn't me.
hi y'all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 3:38am

It sounds as though you are quite apprehensive about all of this.  I think you need to get used to wearing your hair up and in slightly more fancy styles.  All you need is some hairpins and day-old hair (i.e. not just washed - freshly washed hair usually falls out quite quickly and it can also be more prone to flyaways).  Try out some different looks at home and when you go out (you might need to practice a little bit at home!)

You could start with this one:

Part your hair a little bit left or right of centre.  On the side that has the lesser bit of parting (i.e. if you part your hair right of centre, the bit on the right of your parting will be smaller than the bit on the left), section off the front bit of hair that runs from an inch or two back from the hairline down to your ear.  This should be about one-fifth or one-sixth of all of your hair.  Section this out of the way, then brush the rest of your hair back into a ponytail about half the way up the back of your head.  Secure the ponytail very securely with a plain band.  Then take out the front section and wrap it around the hairband that secures your ponytail, covering up the hairband and making it look as though your ponytail is just tied up with your own hair.  As you wrap it around, use old-fashioned hairpins to keep it in place.

You can amend this look by curling the ends of the ponytail, leaving out wisps of hair to frame your face (and curling them) or changing the height of the ponytail.

This is quite a simple look so you should try it out a couple of times before moving on to more complicated and formal prom looks.

Good luck!

eaglestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 2:38pm
ok, thanks!
hi y'all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic