Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

am I the only person

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: am I the only person
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:36pm
That has to shampoo every day and the longest I can go is 2 days? I do not use much shampoo...but I dunno. I guess my scalp has gotten so used to me using more often than I should. I am actually trying to get to shampooing every other day...I did it in teh winter but then when it got warmer for a few weeks my head turned into a gease-ball.

Also I am thinking of switching from dove to sauve naturals...maybe if I did not put so much 'cones in my hair.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 4:38pm

I don't think it has to do with cones.... What shampoo do you use and what are the second and third ingredients listed? Or it could also be the way your scalp is supposed to be - some people's scalps produce more oils than others.

Hugs
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 4:59pm
Up until three weeks ago I was shampooing once every day. It was really drying my ends though. I bought a BBB to help out and i'm getting by. On a weekend, sometimes i can leave it until the third day.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:37pm
I should wash my hair every day,but dont.My hair gets oily very quick.I try to let my hair adjust to going longer but it never has.I know its not good to shampoo every day,so a second day ponytail seems to work for me.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:14pm

I'm going about a week now without shampooing, sometimes longer. It took my hair and scalp about a month to get used to this. During that time, my hair seemed very greasy. But it doesn't anymore. I think also combing helps the transition...Hope that helps!

KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 12:08pm
I have tried to not shampoo everyday, but, I cant stand the feel of my hair either. It tends to feel greasy and just makes me uncomfortable. So I try to use a gentle shampoo and wash everyday.  I just feel better and so far, my hair isnt dry.
Kelly
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 2:43pm
No you are not.  I shampoo/condition every other day.  I used to shampoo/condition every day, but have since tapered back, both to benefit my hair and make the shampoo/conditioner last longer.  I use Biolage - a salon brand - and it is a little expensive.  I don't use that much shampoo - usually run through conditioner first.

However, I do try to focus the shampooing mainly on the head and scalp. 

I read how people here condition only, but I can't do that because my scalp will get oily.  Maybe those with dryer skin can get away with this?

The longest I have gone,say three or four nights, without washing and my scalp will start to itch and my hair gets heavier with oil.  Yuck.

And yes, salon brands do make a difference.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:07pm

Well, CWC works for me, followed by an ACV rinse. I can go a good 3-4 days with this.  I am one of those ppl for whom CO does not work, but there are just as many for whom it does.

As for salon brands, I really think you need to pay attention to the ingredients. There are some supermarket brands which have good ingredients and cost half the price of salon brands. You just have to do some investigation and shop around.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Well, CWC works for me, followed by an ACV rinse. I can go a good 3-4 days with this.  I am one of those ppl for whom CO does not work, but there are just as many for whom it does.

As for salon brands, I really think you need to pay attention to the ingredients. There are some supermarket brands which have good ingredients and cost half the price of salon brands. You just have to do some investigation and shop around.

I've always been happy with dove...makes my hair nice feeling the day I shampoo and condition. It's just teh next day scalp feels greasy. My hair doesn't start showing greasy until afternoon though. I'm going to try conditioning only tomorrow (but rinsing my hair) and seeing what happens.

I kind of like washing my hair everyday...it's still at a length in which it needs it (shoulder length)...but my hair is growing fast. I looked in the mirror at this pizza place while standing in line and was like wow...my hair is getting long. I remember when it was a 2" pixie in Sept. 04.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

I don't think it has to do with cones.... What shampoo do you use and what are the second and third ingredients listed? Or it could also be the way your scalp is supposed to be - some people's scalps produce more oils than others.

Hugs
Anais

Shampoo--Dove Intense Moisture (weightless moisturizers) ingrediants:
1) Water
2) Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
3) Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
Conditioner--(same as before but...the conditioner) ingrediants:
1)Water
2) Cetearyl Alcohol Cetrimonium Chloride
3) Cyclopentasiloxane

My scalp could be just really oily...when I was in my teens my hair was so much worse. My hair always looked greasy...
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 12:37am
That shampoo sounds a bit harsh and could be stripping your scalp causing the oiliness. Perhaps you could dilute it? Or try a gentler brand?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:07am

Originally posted by always_alone always_alone wrote:

Shampoo--Dove Intense Moisture (weightless moisturizers) ingrediants:
1) Water
2) Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
3) Ammonium Laureth Sulfate

I agree with Rini, the shampoo looks harsh. It has the exact same active ingredients as my old shampoo.....I was a daily Pert Plus washer a few years ago, and I couldn't cut down my wash frequency until I switched shampoos. After quitting Pert Plus and switching to a gentler shampoo, it helped me eventually transition to once-a-week washing. The gentler shampoo had Sodium Laureth Sulfate (no ammoniums, no lauryls) 

Switching shampoo doesn't mean switching conditioners either... if you like the conditioner then definitely keep using it

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:08am
If it's windy, tie back as much of your hair as firmly as possible; wind makes the roots get greasy faster than usual.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic