Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In need of a leave in treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angie531 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angie531 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In need of a leave in treatment
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:41pm
Can anyone recommend a leave in treatment, I would like something that prevents hair breakage that would leave my hair in good condition. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:12pm

Hi Angie,

There are so many great products out there at every price range and style.  There are sprays, glazes, creams.  Also, you can "c*cktail" leave-ins with other styling products.

A leave-in should be selected according to the following issues:

1.  Your budget
2.  Your hair type (thin/fine, med, thick), texture (straight, curly, wavy, combo) and current condition (healthy, medium, damaged, chemically treated, colored, highlighted...etc.,)
3.  Whether your hair is chemically treated
4.  How often you wish to use it.  Some products MAY build up if used too often.

I personally love & have used the following on an ongoing basis for years (my hair is very long, naturally wavy/curly and highlighted.  It tends to be dry and is medium in thickness):

Phyto 7 & Phyto 9 creams
Phyto 9 has macademia oil (Phyto 7 is lighter) so it is heavy but will really help with damaged hair or hair that is chemically treated or extra dry.  It is not for fine/thin strands.

Aveda Curesscence Spray
This is a light glaze spray that is a detangler and leave-in.  It is very light and will not build up.

Robert Hallowell Love That Shine Leave-in Treatment
Robert created this in his kitchen years ago and it is 100% all natural.

Infusium
It's a spray and a little goes a long way.

I am sure that many others have great suggestions based on their hair types and needs.  Also...always look to see if it has a built-in sunscreen with is important.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Darla2424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darla2424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:47pm

Hi,

I know of three that work really well for me (I have highlights so my hair is prone to breakage too).

1) Tigi Bed Head, Ego Boost, Split End Mender

2) Graham Webb Silk Protein Leave-in Conditioner

3) Redken Anti-snap

These leave-ins are in the 12 to 16 dollar range but they work so well that I buy them anyway.  I think they all have protein in them too so be cautious if your hair doesn't like it.  ~I tried two of the leave-ins in the above post (Phyto 7 and the Infusium) but they didn't work for me.  Everyones hair is different though so you'll have to experiment.

angie531 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angie531 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 11:02pm

Thanks, I have thin/fine hair. I'll give infusium23 a try. I dont know if it has protein though myhair does not like it.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 1:28am
Originally posted by angie531 angie531 wrote:

Thanks, I have thin/fine hair. I'll give infusium23 a try. I dont know if it has protein though myhair does not like it.

With thin/fine hair look for a very light spray or glaze product.  A cream may be too heavy.  Infusium may or may not be too heavy as well.

Also, a product that advertises it is a detangler may work just as well for you since most have leave-in conditioning ingredients.

And yes....what works great for one person..may not work well at all for someone else.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 9:51pm
My hair is relatively fine and I like Aussie's leave-in spray. I agree that some of the creams can weigh fine hair down a bit. 
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 2:38am

Can you buy Graham Webb products in the US?

I rate Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (you can leave it on up to 10 minutes and wrap your hair in a warm towel for maximum moisturising) and Aveda's Curessence.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mitch5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 3:50am
Hi Angie,

I'm Mitch andd I've been a hairstylist for 15 years now and all leave in conditioners are good but the best and will always be the best is infuseum 23 leave in conditioner. It works the best. I use infuseum 23 leave in treatment and I definitely saw a difference in the condition of my hair the first time I used it. The first time you use it use a little more than recomended . I guarantee you will see a difference in the condition of your hair. If you have any more questions you would like me to answer for you please private message  me here of message me at: customonegtr@rock.com I would be glad to answer and help you out with your hair.

Sincerely
Mitch
scorpiochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpiochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 11:04am
I agree with Mitch. Infusium 23 is great and it doesn't weigh the hair down either. It's not that expensive either, $5.00 here in Georgia.
mustbcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 3:17pm
Zero Frizz makes a leave in conditioner that in my opinion is just like the Phyto 9 which I have used in years past.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 8:50pm
Infusion 23 is good, but doesn't do anything great for me. Sebastian potion 9 or Salerms 21 work wonders and leave hair looking beautifull. You can get the Salerm 21 at Justbeautyproducts.com or at any salon or beauty supply that carriers Salerm products. You can also get Salerm at Metrobeauty.com. Not alot of people are familiar with this line. It is from Spain and it is terrific. The Salerm 21 is great, specially for curly and/or frizzie hair.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 10:09pm
id prefer a oil treatment actually, id do a pre oiling or use grape seed oil as a conditioner.
Babycheeks
ChloeDharma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChloeDharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 10:33am
My favourite leave ins are either a simple light oiling with Coconut or Jojoba oil, sometimes mixed with aloe vera gel, but not always.
The other one is home made, but it's Rosewater with Glycerin, Aloe Gel, Avocado oil, and some rinse out conditioner...at the mo i'm using Timotei soft and smooth in mine. All this in a mister then use as you like, i often like to mist my hair with it then lightly oil on top with a drop of Jojoba.
The Heart Would Have No Rainbow, Had The Eyes No Tears
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic