Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair before lowlights disaster pics*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:22pm

Thanks SpecialKitty - Yes I am very careful about who touches my hair now - nobody but my old hairdresser who is an hour drive away. I actually have a little situation that I should maybe start a new thread with - it is my brothers wedding in July and his fiance wants me to get my hair put in an updo at her hairdressers salon.  She is paying for the service for all the bridesmaids.  My problem is that I am very uneasy about anyone else doing my hair now!  I just don't want to have my hair put in a hot curling iron and then sprayed to hell with hairspray - because I am really babying my hair since it has been damaged.  What are some styles that are gentle on your hair that are suitable for a wedding?  Maybe velcro rollers?

Let me know....

Noey

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:40pm

Hi Noey! I had the same issue awhile back for my sister's wedding. She ended up choosing a very good AVEDA salon in Whittier, CA, and I had a pretty updo with lots of spiral curls pinned up very securely and virtually no damage to my hair. I think AVEDA salons are usually more sensitive about being very careful with long hair. Is there any chance you can help choose the salon with your future sister in law? Or maybe you can wear an updo wig (just kidding). What about a french twist? Those are so pretty and elegant, and very protective of your hair. You could have the salon put it up with a sparkly french twist comb. Here are some links for you:

http://www.adorable-hair-accessory.com/frentwiscom.html

http://classiclength.home.mchsi.com/french_twist_instruction s/index.html

http://www.haarkram.e-something.de/

http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:48pm
Thank you for the explanation, Noelle.  (And I hope you didn't think I was criticizing you.)  I understand what you want to do, now.  And yes, you and your hair do look good now (but I will add that I'm sure you would also look good with your natural color without any highlighting... not trying to suggest, merely commenting).
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 11:12pm
any news?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 7:13am

Hi Haman,

I am going to London to get my hair cut and highlighted on Wednesday the 19th. That will be 8.5 weeks since my last visit. I have decided to pull some blond highlights underneath (Where the solid brown color is)  That will hopefully blend all the colors better.  I hope she can get it light enough underneath to match the blond on top!

I will definatelly post new pics!

Wish me luck!!

Noey

Edited by noeyangel77
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 7:21am
I wish U not only luck - i also wish u keep Ur hair long!

Blessed be
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 12:40pm
Hey, I hope it all goes well for you, Noey......looking forward to the pictures! (no pressure)
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:55pm
Good luck Noey!  I'm sure your hair will turn out great!

P.S. I hope my last message here about your hair was not discouraging (It was not meant to be).
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 10:07am
Best of luck Noey; I'm sure you're going to look fab! I can't wait to see your new pictures. It's great to see someone with such great style.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 9:19pm

Thanks everybody for your well wishes!! Don't worry Dave, you didn't offend me  I am getting my hair done tomorow and will post pictures hopefully by the end of the week.

Talk to everyone soon!

Noelle

haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 12:11pm
Update? Update? I'm anxiously waiting to see it!
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 12:01am
i think if you just razor cut the black ends or at least cut them to the length of the blonde it should look a little better..or remove the color....just a thought
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic