Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which is Better? WGO or Shapley’s MTG?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daffodil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffodil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is Better? WGO or Shapley’s MTG?
    Posted: February 07 2006 at 10:31pm
Ladies help! Which is better Wild Growth Oil or Shapley's MTG?

I've heard so many conflicting things.  Please tell me which product is better to use for hair growth.  If you can, please be specific about your growth results using either of these products.  I've heard amazing things about both oils. 

If you've tried both at different times, that would be helpful also.   I don't really care about the smells or anything like that.  Just please update me on the growth and how long it took you to get there.

Edited by daffodil
Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 10:22am

I don't use MTG but I heard that it does give you significant hair growth in a short amount of time.  I also heard that the smell is unbelievable and that some people developed rashes from it around their necks, upper back, etc.  It doesn't happen to everyone that way though, just so that you know.

I do use WGO and I love it.  It really has helped me with my new growth, being I'm 9 months in transistion.  I don't think I can go without it.  I put it on when after I wash or do a CO wash.  I put it on my roots before I rollerset and I use a few drops every couple of days when I wear my hair out.  It's good stuff, just don't use too much, you really don't need a lot...a little goes a long way.

Hope you get what you need.

daffodil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffodil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 12:08pm

Hi Jazmynsgrandma

did the WGO really help you with growth or has it just been a nice moisturizing oil for you?

Edited by daffodil
Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by daffodil daffodil wrote:

Hi Jazmynsgrandma

did the WGO really help you with growth or has it just been a nice moisturizing oil for you?

My hair has been growing anyways, so I'm not sure if it's the WGO or what, but moisturizing is the bomb!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 3:00pm
My hair has grown very well and I haven't used any of these products. I keep it throughly moisturized and that makes a difference.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

1babydimple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1babydimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 9:17pm

I don't think one is better than the other. The following has been my personal experience.

MTG - repaired damage areas of the scalp which caused the hair to grow as fast as the rest of the head. For example, my hairline filled in and is now growing at the rate of the rest.

Wild Growth Oil - great for keeping the elasticity in the hair. After I have let my hair air dry I apply WGO to the ends before flat ironing and BAM. My hair is strong and doesn't break. Every night re-apply to the ends before I tie it up and they stay soft.

I think they both should be under your batroom sink even if you don't use them regularly. Everyone's hair changes with age and hormones. I know mine did

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 9:38am
wgho is mainly for healthy hair even though the product says it helps with hair growth. didnt help my hair. but MTG is a hair growth oil. it works but icouldnt get over the stench
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 8:09pm
i heard that mtg smells like barbeque mixed with horse butt....i really want to try it, but i can't hardly take wild-growths smell....maybe if i mix it with coconut oil and hazelnut or almond.....at this point, i willing to try anything!
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 10:54pm
I want to know how the MTG works also I used WGO a while ago my freshman year in college when I was wearing croche braids and my hair did grow I tried using it again about a year ago and I saw no results and my skin broke out too .
focuslady82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote focuslady82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 4:06pm
i use the WGO and it works great. my hair is so soft and shiny. i have stopped using grease in my hair. i oil my hair every other night with WGO and i put a small amount on my ends. my hair has been growing very rapidly since using WGO for the last three months.
BrownDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 12:42pm
That will be my next purchase.  I did wonder if it made your hair grow... I will try it.
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:01pm
Ok guys I just ordered the MTG the smell is not that bad it kinda smells like Sulfur 8 I will keep everyone posted on my results
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:58pm
Okay, I'm a bit shocked here!  I've never heard of MTG until this forum.  So I decided to look it up.  And what the #@&!% do I see!  This is a product for show horses?  And it works for us too?  Please, somebody give me more info on this... this is truly interesting.
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
smithH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:34pm
I have also heard that MTG causes rashes or something on some, so I refrained from buying it. I looked at WGO and smelled it, it sort of had a smelly scent to it, but I could deal with it, I never smelled MTG. I purchased sulfur8 and currently use it because of the sulfur what MTG and WGO has in it, it may not have such results as MTG, but I have experienced new and stronger hair growth at the roots.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic