Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OH GOD I’M REALLY NERVOUS? SHOULD I GO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OH GOD I’M REALLY NERVOUS? SHOULD I GO
    Posted: February 09 2006 at 11:42am

Oh god, right well i'm nervous because i'm getting half head highlights in my patchy dark brown hair! The "senior" stylist wont tell me anything! i dont know the differenfce between half head and full head highlights, can anyone tell me?

and she did a strand test on my hair but when i went back the next day to see how it turned out, she said it turned out alright but threw it in the bin!

she hasnt given me any shade charts, just said that it wont go bright blonde and i  heard her mutter something about warm blonde, when i want ash brown!

i'm going on saturday and have had one or two hair blunders in the past which i am covering up by dying my hair dark brown every month or so... anyway i'm tres nervous, should i go through with it?

she also hasnt told me whether its going to be chunky highlights or fine highlights or what, and i cant seem to get a word in edgeways!

my parents said they're sick of taking me to the salon so if i dont get it done now..i wont like ever get it done, well not soon anyway...probley christmas or something.

I REALLY NEED HELP!

i dont want no dam signature
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 11:56am
You really need to get things straight with your colorist.  I know it's polite not to say anything, but she could really do something you don't like - then that means stripping hair and colour correcting - and it takes so long to get things right at home.
I don't go to salons for that precise reason, so I'm the other extreme 

Anyway,
Don't let her just do what she wants and walk all over you, ask abrupt questions if she's a chatterbox, she'll know then what you do and DEFINITELY DON'T want.

Edited by aubergine
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 6:31pm

Half head highlights are also known as crown foil highlights.They just do peices right off the top.Its meant to break up the base a little and brighten.

You should definitely call and find out more.I'm suprised the stylist didnt tell you more.The difference between chunky and thin highlights could make a world of difference.Just call and ask exactly whats going to happen when you come in.If they really want your business they'll tell you.

Edited by Longhairdreams
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 9:47pm
I'm assuming your stylist is referring to partial highlights. For me that means highlights on the top layers and not underneath. I kind of like it like that because you keep your darker color too and it is a bit less damaging, because less hair is bleached. I've had partials (foils) and full-head highlights and for me there was little difference other than full being twice as expensive.
lizzy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 9:58am
well guys..i chickened out and cancelled after all that- i think im just going to wait as long as i can before my hair gets so patchy i cant stand it- and then save up and get a proper consultation and colour and like tony and guy or something! i love mischa barton's hair and thats what i idealy want and it would suit me really well...but thats going to take many trips to the colorist to acheive as my hairs dark brown! but thats what i reallyy want.
i dont want no dam signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic