Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vitamins for helping hair grow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daisuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vitamins for helping hair grow
    Posted: February 09 2006 at 12:08pm
i went to the hair stylist a week ago and i think we had a bit of an misunderstanding and se cutted way more than i wanted. my lifestyle is a bit hectic at the moment, ss i'm considering to take something extra to help my hair grow normally or maybe evenr gro back faster.
i've checked and i guess Hairtopia or Viviscal would be the procuct? Any other opinions? But the thing is that they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Do anybody know where I could get them in Europe? Netherlands would be great but I could also order inside EU.
Thanx.

ps. Does anybody know anything about sytropin (with human grofth hormone)?

thanx. hope you can help.
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:54pm

Hey im sorry to hear about the DUMB hair dresser. Alot of people have had this done to them, even me beleive it or not, i went from mid back length to above shoulder length in under 1 hour! i was gutted!

Anyway! at one time i was taking seakelp tablets which are supposed to make ur hair grow faster aswell as speeding up ur metabolism,but im not sure if they worked or not. I think the best thing to do is eat plenty of fruit and Veg and drink plenty of Water.

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:28pm

Well.....since we are talking vitamins here.....

I started taking biotin a month ago and have noticed some pimples!! aaaagh! I haven't had a pimple in 6 years, until NOW!  So I've just reduced my dose.

I also take Spirulina which I think helps my hair and also is good for overall general health (like when you're stressed and run off your feet as I usually am!!!)

Other than that horsetail seems to be good, and a good multivitamin. I would imagine that these things would be readily available in europe (they are in Australia, and that's saying something!)  

Then there's scalp massage, drinking lots of water, regular exercise....just common sense stuff I guess.   I don't really know of anyway that is PROVEN to grow hair faster, but you could try some different things and see what happens.

I'm sorry your hairdresser disappointed you :(  Maybe stay away from them for a while.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 11:35pm

I don't take anything besides a multi-vitamin... and so far so good. The most important things are probably to eat right, stay hydrated, get exercise, and keep your hair in undamaged condition to avoid trims.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 8:58am
After my cut in January and after reading everyone's regime on this board, I started taking a beauty and wellness vitamin with biotin and msm in it. I have noticed a fast growth but not sure if I am just lucky or if the vitamin has helped.  I have switched shampoo and conditioner and love the feel of my hair. Much more soft and silky feeling.
Kelly
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 9:52am
Great changes you've made, KellyX! Glad it is working for you. Can't wait to see your hair
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 7:27pm
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate salon visit, daisuke. 

Hairtopia can be found in the Hairboutique marketplace.

Viviscal (and related products) can also be found in the same marketplace.

I would not recommend taking HGH for the purpose of speeding hair growth.

Cardiovascular exercise, scalp massages, and a good diet help you and your hair to be healthy (and encourage adequate hair growth rate).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic