Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling For The Henna Experts!!! Rini :P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling For The Henna Experts!!! Rini :P
    Posted: February 09 2006 at 4:20pm
Hey, im ready to henna my hair but 1 problem the top half of my hair is light and the bottom half darker Due to old dye from years ago! i was just wondering if i henna it will the top half be really bright and the bottom half dull? I need some good advice! RINI i know ur out there lol
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 6:45pm
I'm no henna expert,but I have used good henna.The same henna Rini uses actually and I had half dyed hair,and the henna laid very evenly.I have used lots of  different dyes and always had issues with it being completely even with previously dyed and virgin growth.But not with the henna.I had issues with dryness the first time,but I know it gets better with each successive use.I had the most beautiful vibrant red I've ever had.Plus it just didnt fade(which happens commonly with red dye).Good luck!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:13pm

Here I am

Longhairdreams pretty much said what I'd say :)  Make sure you are using TOP quality BAQ henna. The first time you henna, be prepared for some "fluro brightness" which will oxidise within 3 days or so, then after that you will be able to see the colour you got. I think you will be pleasantly suprised at the even colour result, however if you currently have a drastic difference between top and bottom you may still see some post-henna uneven-ness.  This is OK, because the colour will "saturate" with repeated applications and you can henna every week if you want until you get the desired colour.  It won't damage your hair, in fact it will improve it's condition  Fading is NOT an issue either, the colour will stay true no matter what. I used to use chemical dyes and always had intense roots and faded lengths after only a week or so. The first time I used henna was only a week after I used chemicals and I was AMAZED at the even result!

Good luck on the henna journey! I know you will LOVE it, it's the best thing I ever found for my hair and I'm truly addicted now

If you run into any problems, need some mixing help or have any other questions, I will be happy to help you!  Just PM or post here

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:55am
Thankyou longhairdreams & rini, im wanting to acheive a burgandy or red brown colour from henna, i was looking at the henna mixing page ur on rini, there is a big choice of colours to chose from! but im not so sure which to go for as i have Very pale skin just like urs rini almost white! lol so im not sure which colour to go for.

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 3:38am

Well, it's really personal preference. My skin is milky white, so I've gone for the "classic" red.  I think brown would look good on me too, but I like the attention that the red gets :)

I say pick a more red colour, and then go darker/browner if you want later.  You can't really go back to the red red after you've used indigo.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 3:41am
well also my skin is milky white, i shall stick to red henna 1st then  thanks for the help rini!

Aim *butt length*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic