Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair DISASTER..helpp!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rckstarr001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rckstarr001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair DISASTER..helpp!
    Posted: February 12 2006 at 12:22am
alright well about 2 years ago i first dyed my hair. my natural hair color was a dark dark brown, and i was looking to dye it reddish and so my aunt went to the store, bought an ashy blonde and a reddish and went home and mixed both of them together. she dyed my hair and i discovered it to be a subtle orange color. AT THE TIME i liked it, so i kept it for about a year. during that time i was taking swimming lessons, so i had gotten a lot of chlorine and stuff in my hair. later the next year i decided i want my original color back so my mom tried dying it back to dark brown (she used permanent dye). that lasted about a month, then the tips faded to orange. we kept dying my hair every 4 months a PERMANENT dark dark brown color but it kept on fading. last year, i actually went to a supercuts and had my hair dyed a dark dark mahogany. now my hair is like 2 shades. the top is like dark brown, and the middle of my hair down is orange and red. i had to be in the sun, because all the red and orange shows through & looks totally unnatural. now i have NO IDEA what to do because i want a PERMANENT dark brown or black color to stay in my hair forever and NOT fade back, but everyones been telling me the same thing my hair is damaged and i cant do anything about it except cut the faded parts out. and thats a lot of my hair cuz my hair is long...so im really at a crossroads here...i hate this color but i dont wanna keep dying it and have it fade back again. any ideas?? pleaseee help!! thank youu!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 7:00am

How about using a protein filler on the parts that fade first, then dyeing it a permanent dark brown again?  It should help fill the porous parts of your hair the dye keeps sliding off of.  You will have to buy it at a beauty supply shop like Sally.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic