Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holly
    Posted: February 13 2006 at 6:54pm

Hi,
I was just reading Holly's thread about the loose hairstyles and I wanted to say, Holly your hair is really pretty!  Your sig. pic is great.  I hope mine will be that long and look that healthy some day.
How long did it take you to grow it to that length, or have you always had it long?  If I could just get to that length, I'd be thrilled.  I don't know how long mine will get, I've never had success getting it much longer than it is now, but I never knew how to take care of it until now, so we'll see...

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 7:36pm
Hi Katharine! Your hair looks very pretty, long and shiny in your avatar!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:29pm
I agree with you, Special Kitty - Katharine's hair is very pretty.

And I agree with you, Katharine - Holly's hair is very pretty too.

Katherine, would you please reduce the size of your avatar photo?  900k is much too large for dialup users (and there are still quite a few who use dialup).  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks.
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:45pm

Hi Dave,
Sorry about my avatar.  I didn't know it was too big.  It looked super tiny on my computer- the same as everyone elses.  When I first put it on I know I checked and made sure the pixels were within the forum limits-- but I probably messed it up recently when I was messing with the pictures on  my website, cuz I didn't check it after that. 

Oops!

Thanks

letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 2:05am
Oh wow! A post to me, haha! I almost didn't see it and then I was like, "Wait? My name is Holly!"

Okay, so I have questions directed my way...I will answer as best as I can!

I've had longer hair since I was about 17 or 18? I'm just 20 now. This thread has my progress photos from 2000-recently-ish: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37557 &PN=2

My sig pic is the most recent picture. I took it on a day I had blow-dried (which I've only done twice since New Year's) since that's the only way I get that shiny straight look. I actually have quite a bit of wave which turns to frizz... so if I want to wear it down lately, I put in two braids and take it out when it's dry.

So how long is your hair, Katharine? I don't think you mentioned that... I wouldn't say I'm a great source of advice on hair growing either...I kind of did it without much effort until I got all worried about split ends and ventured onto this board. I love messageboards.

Anyhoo, time for sleep!

Thanks for the comments and your interest. :) Good to be inspiration for someone somewhere.
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:13pm

Holly,
Thanks for the reply and the link to the thread on your progress.  I enjoyed seeing yours, Anais', and Jennifer's growth photos.  Those are great. 
To answer your question, I don't know how long my hair is, cuz I never measure, but hopefully you can see it now.  I think I have got my picture situation straightened out.  (I decided to put my pic in my signature instead of my avatar and hope I did it right and it is within the guidelines, etc.)
SpecialKitty and Dave, thanks for the compliment. I get frustrated with my hair.  The color and condition is a bit uneven because of old chemical dyes vs. new growth, although regular henna and indigo applications help.  Also, It seems to grow slowly and has funny bumps and waves (especially the underneath layer-you can see it peeking through in the photo).  In this pic I hadn't been able to color with henna and indigo for three months because of pregnancy so it was uneven, a bit faded out and reddish.  Currently I am back on monthly henna/indigo and it is richer darker color.

Even though I get frustrated with its quirks  I loved Anais' advice to someone about meditative combing and noticing what makes your hair special.  I do feel mine is looking better now than it did for ages before I started growing it out and taking better care of it last April.  It is exciting to watch it grow and be healthier. I hope as it grows, (if it ever gets long!) the bumps and waves will look better- or maybe it will get straighter- who knows?
Anyway, I like your hair!
Katie

Edited by Katharine
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:54pm
Your hair is gorgeous, Katie, waves, bumps, and all.  How long would you like it to be?  I'm guessing it could grow quite a bit longer.

(Oh, by the way, thank you for reducing the pixel size of your sig pic.  )
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 11:02am

Dave,
Your hair is gorgeous!  So long and you have the perfect waves.  Is that from braiding, or is it naturally wavy?  How long did it take you to grow your hair?  Were you surprised it could get so long?
As for me, I think my hair looks better in the pictures because I comb it and then freeze, but in 3D reality, it seems once I move around it loses the nice sleek look and starts to hang a little lumpy and stringy.  But I like how it looks when its combed, so I'm not giving up on it.  It is pretty neat to watch the shape change as it grows. Alot of it is still damaged from chemical processing and previous rough habits, and with regular small trims, super gentle care, and patience it seems to be getting better, prettier, and longer. 
I'm glad you think my hair can get long.  I always thought my terminal length was around where it is now, cuz I could never get it much longer, but then I always wound up ruining it with perms, color, etc, etc, etc. and had to keep cutting it off!  I would be happy if it grows to reach my mid back.  I'd be amazed and thrilled if it gets longer than that.  I'll take whatever length long hair I can get! 
Katie

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:07pm
Wow, thank you so much for your compliment, Katie. 

Those are braid waves.  When the pic was taken, my hair was still damp (and I was in the shade of course), so it looks a little darker than it really is.

It's been growing since 1992.

Your hair can definitely be grown a lot longer.  It's very thick near & at the ends.  I look forward to seeing progress pictures in the months and years ahead.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic