Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can someone make me a hair piece?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katlafemme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katlafemme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can someone make me a hair piece?
    Posted: February 19 2006 at 8:00pm

Hey everyone..

When I cut my hair, years ago, I kept the hair I cut off- 2 inches to 4 inches, in an envelope. I have enough to make some kind of hair piece I would assume.

Is there anyone out there (on this board) that I could pay and you could make some kind of hair piece for me and then i could take it to a salon and get it woven on?  I'm just not creative at these types of things.

Thanks!

Kat

oddlots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddlots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:18am
I'm by no means a qualified ventilator, but I'd imagine that being able to use your saved hair is very dependant on how you've stored it.

If the hair's loose in the envelope and has tangled, you may not be able to use it without stripping the cuticle (in which case you might as well go out and buy a hairpiece that's made with someone else's hair).  That being said, if the hair's in good shape it might be possible for a good ventilator (or custom hairpiece company) to make you a hairpiece with it, though it will likely be quite short, and may require hair from a separate source to add-in if the coverage area is bigger than can be done with the usable hair from your cuttings.

There are a few companies that do custom made hairpieces through mail-order.  I wear a small partial that I got through one such place.  I designed a template, cut a small hair sample, filled out an order form and about five weeks after sending it in, I recieved two partials in the mail that were an exact match to my hair color and texture.  They were very affordable, and the hair's a slight bit nicer than my natural hair (although not so much so as to stand out as unnatural).  The company I go through is very affordable (which was good for me, since I'm a college student).  Their website is www.toplace.com and Gary (the man in charge) could tell you if the hair could be used.  Jeffrey at www.coolpiece.com is also said to be good, and quite affordable (though slightly higher than Toplace).

I hope you can find someone to help you!  Try local theaters.  Many theatrical make-up artists can ventilate hairpieces.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic