Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircoloring Introduction to Color....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by jenius jenius wrote:

I'm a newbie as the salon I've had my hair colored at closed after 15 years.  Cry  My stylist gave me the color formula she used on my hair and I'd like to try coloring my own hair. 

I have dark brown  (almost black) and about 30% gray hair.  My stylist used Goldwell's Top Chic 6NA + 20Vol for 30 minutes.  It gave me a nice natural brown that's just a little lighter than my natural color without brassiness. 

How do I know what ratio of developer to use?  Any help is much appreciated
The mixing ratio is 1:1 better known as equal parts...developer + color.

Hope that helps ya out.

G'luck
Claude
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:30am
The mixing ratio is 1:1 better known as equal parts...developer + color.

Hope that helps ya out.

G'luck
Claude
jenius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:41am
Thanks a million!  I will try it!!!Smile
jenn
sambo0704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambo0704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 1:01pm
so does this mean if my hair is a platinum color....i could use a darker shade in ash to achieve a darker blonde
confusedfifi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confusedfifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 3:46pm
Hi,
Can anyone advise me.

I had been using Wella Kolerston 10/16 and was pleased with the result. My hair dresser recommended using one she has in the shop a 12/61 is this the same just lighter? I have also noticed my hair becoming more yellow. I am going to go back to the Koleston 10/16 but thought about adding a special mix shade to the 10/16 to make it more ash. I would like advise on which may be best, 0/81, 0/66, 0/88

Thanks in advance. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 4:34am
16's are ash violet so you may get some pinkish violet  with the ash.

I mix 2 parts 10/11 (ash) to 1 part 9/8 (pearl) 0/88 is the bluest I prefer this always to the green in 0/28
confusedfifi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confusedfifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 8:05am
Thanks. I will try that.
Aleph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aleph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 10:04am
Hello! :)

I'm seeking advice for Goldwell's hair dyes.

I would like to transform the hair colour into some kind of wheat color. Like this

http://www.annonagourmet.com/images/wheat_color.jpg
http://i.livescience.com/images/080423-wheat-field-02.jpg
http://www.northlandorganic.com/assets/images/wheat.jpg
http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/4719/6227wheat_bowl.jpg

Or something like this (Aures Blonde)

and/or this, which is a much more of a harsher change (I'm told this was done by the hair first being bleached, then Elumen or some demi-permanent colour, I believe):

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Aleph - May 28 2011 at 9:18am
summerbabe21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summerbabe21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 7:14pm
Hey i have a ? for claud uhm my hair color is a med/light brown im trying to get the really light platinum highlights! what goldwell products would you recommend my hair is in good condition so i could use bleach...Also if i use the new goldwell silk lift (strong lift) would that get me really blonde??

Here's a picture of the hair color i want!

http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=45228

^As you can see there is no red/orange/ or yellow tones in it! thats what i want to get! : )
OhLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 4:14pm
Hi Claude..

I have been using Goldwell Topchic Haircolor 8NA Light Natural Ash Blonde for many years and I absolutely love it. I would like to add a little more ash in my hair, so I was thinking of using 8A Light Ash Blonde instead. Any thoughts?

thanx

Michelle

JennyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JennyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 8:47pm
Using a color depositing shampoo and conditioner is a must for maintaining great hair color. Artec by Loreal used to have a great product line for this, but for some reason they discontinued it. http://www.haircareusa.com lists alternatives to the Artec products, including All-Nutrient Color+Shampoo, Tressa Watercolors, Vitality's Espresso and Altobella ClayPac. Integrating any of these with your hair care regimine will almost guarantee great, long lasting hair color.
loisnclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loisnclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2012 at 6:00pm

I wanted to ask for your suggestions on which colors to use to get my hair an ashy light brown.

I am Asian and I have dark brown hair. I think I'm a level 2? My target color is about 5A or 6A on the Goldwell color chart.

I have not dyed my hair for about 10 years. It seems that all Asians who use 5A and 30vol, their hair turns out brown but with more of a very orangish red tone to it. I would like to get more of an ashy color.

So, my question for you is how do I achieve more of an ashy 6A color on my Asian dark brown hair? I thought ash was supposed to help get rid of the orangish-red tints? Should I mix 30vol, 6A, and add more Blush Ash or Amix?

Please help. I'm getting married soon, and I want lighter hair for my wedding pictures. I want to dye my hair at home because I'm not a tight wedding budget. My sister dyes her hair all the time at home with Goldwell 5A, but again it turns out brown with a slight ashy reddish tint. I want almost no red and more ashy.

Thank you! Looking forward to you response!
lois
axey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 8:24am
Hello,

I was hoping someone here could give me some advise on how i can get my hair to a light ash brown.

My natural hair colour is dark ashy blonde (mousy looking)
and i have been dying it dark brown (almost black)for years. I am getting tired of fixing my roots what seems like every 2 weeks, and would like to lighten my hair to a light ash brown.

Can someone please tell me the steps i need to take to achive this colour?

I am afraid after i remove my current hair colour and add light ash brown it will turn green because i am blonde.

How do i avoid this? if i remove the current hair colour surely i will be left pretty brassy, so i thought if i used a light ash brown the brassy tint from my hair remover would prevent me from going green right?

Please help!!!

natalie1291 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie1291 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 5:55pm
Hi, please could you help...
I am currently using Goldwell 7NA on my hair but I would like to go a slightly more chocolate brown but without masses of red tint. Could you guide me to the correct colours? I had my hair stripped before I started using 7NA so my hair is drawing out the colour very quickly and is starting to look ginger on top where past red is coming through :/
many thanks
Cherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 5:00am
I'm a natural level 6..and want to achieve a rich golden level 9-10.. presently have 8 1/2 gold copper 9 1/2 gold with highlights find my base to brassy,,,I'm using Schwarzkopf igora plan to do 1/2 10 gold ,1/4 9 beige(orange/violet) and 1/4 lightening cream with a 30 vol..or... 1/2 10 gold 1/4 9 gold cendre( violet/blue) and 1/4 lightening cream with30 vol 45 min developing time. Should I omit lightening cream and 1/2 9 gold 1/2 10 gold with with a violet toner 30 vol 45 min. I don't like naturals ... I want achieve a warm golden colour.. With no copper..
YoJoLo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoJoLo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 4:56am
Claude I HOPE you're still around. I'm really confused by this Goldwell haircoloring.

I went to see my stylist yesterday because I wanted her to lighten my hair. My hair used to be light to medium brown but a hair dresser (a long time ago) accidently put in a dark color and it's been dark for the last few years. The problem is even though I have been dying my own hair with professional colors my hair always has a golden/red streak in my newly dyed hair and it looks so awful that I end up going dark again.

My hair is very porous (coarse) and absorbs color and it turns dark very easily. She tried color lifter on my hair first to try to lighten it and that didn't work but a tiny bit. You could barely tell anything happened so then she tried a mild bleach and that didn't work very well either. Took it up just slightly so it doesn't look black at the ends anymore. This endeavor cost me $250!!!

I explained to my stylist, who I don't see but maybe 3 times per year, that I needed her to lighten my hair but I needed to know what colors she used because my hair grows so fast that i have a pretty large line of gray in 3 weeks. I cannot afford 90+ dollars every 3 weeks to have my hair colored and she agreed.

She gushed over the Goldwell colors but got cagey when I asked her what color or colors she used, even though she said she'd tell me. She said she used 3/4 of 6NN and 1/4 of a green ash on the roots with a 10 volume developer. She said she used a 10 volume on me because my gray at my roots didn't need lifting. The coloring she was applying to my roots was awfully white and it looked like it was mixed with clear liquid. As it developed it didn't turn copper or red as most colors often do on me. It turned sort of a real neutral medium gray or I should say a color I've never seen before. After that had been sitting on my roots for about 15 minutes she put a semi-permanent Goldwell color on the rest of my hair and that one was definitely very green. I noticed it on a towel when she wiped the bottle but she didn't tell me the color on that one at all. That one I saw in the bottle before she mixed it and it was a medium orangey mustand color like baby poop but turned green when it developed.

The color came out beautiful and just slightly lighter than before I went in. I don't know if she is misleading me on the colors because she wants me to come in every 3 weeks. I can buy the real Goldwell products on Amazon but she said 3/4 of 6 NN and a 1/4 of a "7 with a green ash in it" to counteract the red in my hair. I can't find a 7 in a green ash in Goldwell. Not only that she never told me the color number of the semi-permanent (the stuff that turned green on the white towel when she wiped the bottle but didn't turn green on my hair) that she used on the rest of my hair but she did say that Goldwell colors are the same number whether they're permanent or semi-permanent.

Any ideas what she may have done and does 3/4 6NN and 1/4 of 7 green ash sound right to you?

YoJoLo
--Lili-- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Lili-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 3:11pm
Hi everyone! Would love to hear your advice, especially if you are experianced with golldwell line products.

My dream hair color is purple. I used goldwell colorance twice the last three months, mixing 50% pure vv-mix + 50% 4V 

background: my natural hair color is black. A year ago I dyed it at the hairsallon to medium brown tone, withount bleching, which required 5 sessions. In time I grow out my natrural roots and dyed it all with goldwell colorance as mentioned.

Now, the result was nice, BUT it draw out more red tones off my hair. The purple tone was almost gone until the 5th day. I want to contrast the red tone and have more cool purple. 

1. Should I add the Ash-mix or 5A  to the color? What is your suggestion?
my black roots are of course uneffected by the demi color. 

2. How can I maintain the purple tone in my hair a week or two after dyeing? I obviously cannot dye every two weeks.

3. any suggetions how to color black hair to cool violet with no damage? (1-2 lighter tone than natural black).

MANY THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO BOTHER!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic