Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changes in Hair Texture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changes in Hair Texture?
    Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:06pm
When I was little my hair was straight and smooth and blonde like most little kid hair, but when I started going through puberty my hair became curly, dry, and frizzy by the time I was 13. I'm 15 now and it is still curly, dry, and frizzy and I just don't understand what happened or what causes this. Is because of hormones and if so is there medicine I should take or something? It drives me crazy. My dad has straight, straight hair, and my mom has curly hair. Is it just genes kicking in or something?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:43pm

You sound like a normal teenager. Children's hair does not stay silky and smooth forever, and hair eventually begins growing as your *true* hair type. There is no medication.

It happened to me too - I hated the change, but I learned to work with it.

"Curly, dry and frizzy": I would suggest laying off any blow drying (if you do), using extra conditioner, and detangling with your fingers only (no combs or brushes).

Hope this helps
Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic