Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

biotin side effects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sabina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: biotin side effects
    Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:25pm

I've recently started takin biotin tablets about 2100mcg, and iv noticed that my stools  are turning a funny yellowly colour? im not sure if i should be worried?

Ive heard of your pee turning a bright yellow colour, but iv been taking a lot of water which would have counter-balanced the problem!!

anyone else witness similar problems?

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:41pm

I have been taking Biotn for about 2 weeks now but I haven't noticed any change in my stools.  Is there an 800 number on the bottle that you could call to ask them about it or maybe you could go to you local health foods store or GNC and ask one of the workers there about it. 

Are you taking more than the recommended amount that's put on the bottle?

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 6:16pm
I take 4500 mcg daily and don't get that.  Has your diet dramatically changed?
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
smithH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:59pm
no matter how much biotin you take, it shouldn't have side effects since it's water-soluble. Excess of what ur body doesn't need will be excreted from your body, I have heard some supplements do that showing that the product is working in your system, but don't worry, you should be fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic