Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re-curling chemically straight hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angelam_75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelam_75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-curling chemically straight hair
    Posted: February 22 2006 at 4:37pm
  About 3 months ago my stylist chemically straightened my very naturally curly hair with REdken Vertical.  While I love love love the way it looks, my hair is starting to grow back so I have curly roots and I don't want to do the straightener again.  I'm ready to grow my hair long and curly again.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the rest of my hair to curl safely?  I'm afraid if I perm it, that it will fry??
Angela
NeedsHairHelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedsHairHelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 12:03pm
I've used straigteners for some time and have decided to stop for now. I also have the curls at the roots - but from what I've always known, their isn't much you can do - unless you wanted to get a perm. I don't know much about perms and haven't had one in about 15 years. I would suggest asking your stylist their opinion on the curls. But as far as the curly roots and less curly ends - not much I can think of to do???
Jen
FrizzyJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrizzyJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 3:35pm
I have the same problem but I thought it was possible to get the rest of your hair back curly again you just have to wait for the perm to grow out.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 2:38pm
You have to grow it out. However, you can get a professional quality flat iron, and straighten the new growth to match the rest of your hair, until you grow it out. A good iron is Sedu, which you can get at Folica.com. Use a good heat protectant like Redken Heat Glide and deep condition once a week, and your hair will be back to normal in no time!
angelam_75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelam_75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 7:55am
 Wow, this was an old post, and my hair has almost completely grown out now.  I might have one inch left on the ends that I need to get cut off.   What I did that worked pretty good was to scrunch the straightened parts while diffusing.  and then I used a curling iron for touch ups!! It's taken a long time to grow back out to natural, but it's worth it to have healthy hair!
Angela
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic