Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another topic about...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
starchaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another topic about...
    Posted: February 25 2006 at 6:08pm

...chemical straightening. im a guy with wavy and dry hair but i really want to get it chemically straightened. i dont have time in the morning to straighten it or the skills (very amateur with a pair of irons) so chemical straightening seems the way to go.

ive had a quick read up on it around the internet and there seems to be a lot of warnings about it. surely it cant be that bad for your hair can it? I was dead set on having it done but now im worrying that all my hair will fall out (or something equally bad!)

my hair is already very dry and unmanageable. will they be able to do it to my hair if its in that condition?

Edited by starchaser
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 2:47pm
Your hair seems like a good candidate for chemical straightening, it should not fall out under any circomestances considering that you have not chemically damaged your hair before, however that may happen only if you go to a unprofessional salon cheaper is not always the way to go especially when it comes to chemically treating your hair. It should do fine and save you a lot of time in the mornings your hair will become more manageable, i got my hair chemiccally treated last year and my hair has remained managable and is in the best condition its ever been in. Remeber after you get your hair chemcially treated the key to preserving it is conditioning it, everytime you take a shower use a comditioner in your hair and leave it in there for at least 30 mins. If you do not have the time to do this at least make sure you do it once a week as your hair will dry out fast especially after you chemically treat it. There are more pros to chemically treating than cons to poeple who have unmanagable, frizzy hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic