Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question about serebrum and other hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question about serebrum and other hair
    Posted: February 26 2006 at 11:05pm
So our hair is dry because the serebrum doesnt move down the hair shaft all the way because of all the coils and curls...so does it still not move all the way down the hair shaft even when it is relaxed i mean it straight then right? Is there more to it than i understand maybe? why is it that my white buddies can just pull thier hair up into a pony tail and i always have to use a brush to tame the wild bits? Sorry just questions ive always wondered.
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 2:05am

I'm not sure about the relaxing and sebum question. I hadn't thought about it but supposedly, the sebum would be able to travel down the hair with greater ease since it is straight. But perhaps... maybe the damage and dryness caused by the chemicals negates that and moisture etc, must still be added.

I'm not sure if pulling up hair into a ponytail has anything to do with sebum though. Maybe it just has to do more specifically with hair texture, hair length and what you think looks good. I put mine into ponytails, buns, etc. without brushing and it looks fine to me... sometimes.

How it might have to do with texture: Say my hair was curly or natural. The hair is more coarse and curlier than someone with 1 or 2 type hair and may take work to get it into a pony or bun and have it look like how I want it to look (if you care, how it looks that is). It may or may not look good with curls and wisps going every which way. I would have to brush it to tame those curls. Someone with naturally straight hair wouldn't have to worry about curly wisps popping out. I find that type 1 and 2 hair types are heavier than the naturally curlier/kinkier textures which tend to be of a lighter weight even when relaxed and reach for the heavens if not bound, altered or grown to a length where it has some weight. That may have to do with it as well. On another note, perhaps the sebum is what weighs it down besides the size of strand and shape of the hair strand.

Maybe you have to tame the wild bits because your hair is uneven and/or isn't long enough to be tied back? Is it? From personal experience: My hair is almost all the same length, except for my bangs and sides which are shorter and only 13 inches long from the scalp. They're long enough to make it in the ponytail or bun without extra effort to keep them from sticking out and looking wild. The elastic or bobby pin holds them with the rest of the hair. It is easy to do if it is all the same length. Once you have put it up, you know it is all in there and it doesn't stick up. It is also easier if your hair isn't very dehydrated too.

My sides used to not long enough to be tied back, and I had the problem where they stuck up. (I think it is because they didn't have any weight and enough length to them.) I still did the quick ponytail/bun though. My trick was to use a bunch of pretty clips to hold the wild hairs down. I didn't have to find a mirror because I knew my problem areas and could just put them where I knew the hairs would be wild and go about my business. You cold try that.

Edited by Phoenix1017
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 8:23pm

LOL twinklet actually the word is sebum,, it looks
like youre combining cerebrum which is a part of the
brain and sebum lol,, well its all part of the head
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
smithH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 7:03pm
Try jojoba oil, jojoba oil is said to mimic hair sebum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic