Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help!! I have really short hair!! What can I do?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! I have really short hair!! What can I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Babydoll View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! I have really short hair!! What can I do?
    Posted: March 16 2000 at 1:04pm
Help me!! I have really short hair and I have no idea what to do with it for prom. My dress is light blue and my hair is medium brown just below my ears. I don't know if I should color it or leave it alone. I especially don't know how to do my hair one the big night. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2000 at 6:01am
Babydoll,
there are some styling options, even for short hair. I've got even shorter hair then you ;-)
I've been to the US recently and I think "seventeen" has a picture of a short haired girl as an example in its prom section. It's a simply side-parted style, tamed with a little gel or wax and some clip in diamonds (hair accessoire).
Since yu don't have the possibility of an updo - why not trying some fancy hair clips. Hairboutique has some nice ones, but I'm sure you find some more in local shops and at your hairdresser.
Glitter hairspray matching the colour of your dress will look good, too.

I'll do some surfing to see if I can find some nice pictures for inspiration - I'll be back.

Leanan
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2000 at 6:29am
I'm back.
Here is something similar to what I described - even though her hair is a little longer than yours. But I think you get the idea:
http://www.yoursalon.com/gallerypopup/images/style/gal4_4.gif
http://www.brittanydaniel.com/cgi-bin/view.pl?teen_celebrity/tc_003.jpg
is also nice - maybe a little too casual, but can be styled more sophisticated with hair jewelry etc.

How long is your hair in the back? Is it straight, wavy, thick, thin? Have you considered to consult a pro to maybe consider a new style?

Let me know and I keep my eyes open! When is your prom?

Leanan

There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
goddes115 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddes115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2000 at 11:56am
MY BEST FRIEND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. WHAT SHE DID WAS TWISTED HER HAIR BACK INTO 5 CORN ROWS THEN AT THE END OF EACH PUT LITTLE DIAMONDS. IT TURNED OUT TO BE REALLY CUTE!
buzznice View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzznice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2000 at 8:33pm
Don't be terrified.I have seen a picture about wedding hairdo surely good for you.The woman has very short hair on the sides and the back in clean shape and the top is permed. Add some jewels on your ears, you will be like a sunshine.Don't decide anything alone, it's better to go at your beautysalon and ask for your hairdresser.I'm sure he have good ideas for you.Have a good time for your prom.
dinonicole View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinonicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2000 at 10:02pm
have short hair want updo to be full?????
NOYB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOYB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 8:12pm
Reply to message: 12.59.1
U should put cornrows all the way around your head, and put molding gel in your hair and slick it up all over the place, than add either baby breath or gems in your hair to give you a fancier look!
J-me Di donato View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-me Di donato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2001 at 6:42pm
These girls have great ideas they really do I`d say go with the tight corn rows (twisties) and stack your hair in the back so it fluffy then squirt gel in your hand and kindoff smooth your hair down to give it a sleeky look then flip it over and smooth down with gel from the nap of your neck to the ends of hair flip head back over and fluff it and spray it`ll be bounce and you date will want to touch it all night long promise
SarahRae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahRae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2001 at 2:04pm
Reply to message: 12.289.1
quote:

J-me Di donato originally wrote:
These girls have great ideas they really do I'd say go with the tight corn rows (twisties) and stack your hair in the back so it fluffy then squirt gel in your hand and kindoff smooth your hair down to give it a sleeky look then flip it over and smooth down with gel from the nap of your neck to the ends of hair flip head back over and fluff it and spray it'll be bounce and you date will want to touch it all night long promise

J-me Di do you have a picture or know where i could find one of what you just discribed that would be sooo perfect for me!! Thank you!
Kendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2002 at 2:18pm
a really cute look is itty bity corn rows (french braid ones) going across the top of your head from the front to the back with a zig zag part between each one, you can also cross the braids to make x`s. then either curl the rest of your hair in spirals, or if it is very short, spike it, and add a velcrow hair jewel to the end of each braid, this is a very cute and trendy look for high school dances.
§arah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote §arah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2002 at 5:18pm
Here`s a suggestion: Try working a french braid right at your hairline from one ear to the other. Add some little clips or jewels on the way. I`ve done it before and it turned out really cute! Hope this helps! :|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic