Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Ironed Hair Limp and Lifeless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buckyster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat Ironed Hair Limp and Lifeless
    Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:47am
Hi I'm new to this forum.  I decided to join this forum becuase I noticed that it seems to be really active to responses to problems posted every few days. 

But now onto my question....  I'm a guy and I'm a mix between my irish dad who has really fine hair that seems to be able to easily take on any kind of style (Wavey or Straight) and my chinese mom who has fine bone straight hair.  My hair in contrast is a bit coarse and thick.  Its quite strain at the top and back of my head, but becomes more curly at the front and at the ends of the hair on the back of my head(you know what I mean?).

well I dislike my wavey hair so I flat iron it.  When it was shorter this seemed to work fine, but now that its grown out to about 3.5 inches, i noticed that it seems to be limp and lifeless and jst flops onto my forehead.  I use wax to give my hair roots some lift and this works at first, but as the day goes on my hair seems to want to droop down.  I want to style my hair so that it is shorter at the top, sides, and back, but with really long bangs that I can sweep down over my face.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to give the roots of my bangs a little lift so that they don't stick flat to my forehead but stick out a little?  Any advice is appreciated.  I'll try to post a picture tomorrow to show you what I mean.
Jersey85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jersey85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:13am
What kind of shampoo are you using? Try a volumizing one. Loreal Serie Expert makes a great one. Or if you already use a volumizing shampoo, you could try TIGI Root boost, that gives great lift.
Melissa
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:29pm

ever sprayed your roots with volumizing hairspray?

or blow dry your hair upside down before you straighten...

OR both?

on my bro's hair, i actually straighten his hair from behind, so his bangs kind of resist falling completely flat over his forehead...

DieselJeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselJeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 6:46pm
I want the opposite haha, my bangs go off my forehead way too much. And yeah I do use volumizing shampoo so that may be the key.
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 8:34pm
The wax may be too heavy for your hair.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic