Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

falling out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: falling out
    Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:20pm
so.. starting around the middle of january, i noticed my hair had been falling out, more so than normal.  i kinda freaked so i was probably overloading my hair with oils, leave-ins, and treatments.  so now it's calmed down (i hope), but it's left me with about a third of my hair gone.  it's not missing in patches, but just incredibly thinned out all over.

so, i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, input, or suggestions on the situation.

i know this should be in the hair loss forum, but i figured people in their 70's don't want to hear an 18-year-old griping about hair loss probably related to hormones.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 9:48am

I'm thinking it might be seasonal or stress-related. Anything intense happen lately? Since you're 18, are you coming up on college midterms or if you're a senior in HS, perhaps the stress from wrapping things up for graduation?

Have you measured the change in your ponytail circumference, by any chance?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:07pm
well.. i know it's not school that's bothering me.  i'm a college freshman, and i work about 30 hrs a week, but i've was even doing that in high school... the things i've pinpointed that happened around when my hair started falling out was one best friend left to join the army (she's probably going to be a medic in iraq before the end of the year), another best friend moved back home to kentucky, and still another best friend-a teen mother-was finally starting to feel the effects of a nasty breakup with her fiance/father of the baby.

so i guess you could say that it's stress-related.  i've since joined a gym, and i usually work out around 2 hours at least 4 times a week, and i've noticed my skin clearing, and my hair's not falling out as much now.

and about the ponytail circumference, i've never measured it, but instead of needing two elastics (hair-safe, of course) tied twice to hold up a ponytail, i only need one and can tie it three or four times.
i try not to pull my hair back as much, and if i cruise with my windows down (yes, it's pretty warm for feb/march down here) i pull it back loosely with a big scrunchie.

i've been really self-concious about my hair, especially since now my scalp is a lot more visible if i wear it scrunched... someone once commented on my "baby baldness," saying i look like one of those two-year olds running around with barely enough hair to pull back in a ribbon
badhair12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badhair12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:33am
i understand where u r coming from.... i am also asian and my hair loss is pretty bad. i am only 20 too. I dyed my hair and wasn't taking care of it properly a year ago but i have stopped but my hair is still thinning out. i have tried shen min and it stopped my hair from falling but i didnt see much improvements. it has bothered me for quite some time now and i am getting really self conscience because ppl have noticed too. PLEASE HELP!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

i know this should be in the hair loss forum, but i figured people in their 70's don't want to hear an 18-year-old griping about hair loss probably related to hormones.

Hi Aznmitsugrl,

Horsetail herb (a.k.a. "equisetum arvense") noticeably helps reduce my hair's rate of fallout.  It might work for you, too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:08pm
thanks dave.

just to give y'all a quick update... my hair loss has almost completely stopped.
after going to a gym religiously, taking a multivitamin and eating healthier, i can tell that it's back to normal shedding.

my bathtub drain now thanks me

but that horsetail herb sounds interesting and worthy of a good checking out!

~deb
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 5:53pm
Yay!  Glad to hear the the bout of hair loss has stopped, Deb!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:00am

hair also has its ups and downs it life.

it probably went to a resting phase for while that is why you had less hair.

now it alive and growing hair as we speak.

ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic