Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spiral Curls and Lots of Body

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spiral Curls and Lots of Body
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:49pm

I am having a good hair day. After over a month of mostly CO washing, I finally did an ACV rinse and diluted shampoo. Today my hair is shiny, bouncy, with lots of spiral curls!!! Haven't seen natural spirals in my hair since I was a little girl. Has anyone else had this experience after CO or when their wavy hair got to a certain length? What can I do to continue to encourage (and protect) the spirals?

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:35pm

Yay!!!!! That sounds gorgeous SK! Can you take a pic of the spirals?

Unfortunately my spirals exist only on my underneath layers

You might need to change your hair type to a 2c??

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:33am
I tried to photograph the spirals but didn't have much success. They are near the bottom and I'm wearing a dark shirt and they didn't show very well. I hope they stay around for awhile!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 3:56pm

I COed today and my hair is like BLAARGH. I have spirals around the inch at my nape round to the front of my ears, waves after that and the inch round my parting is quite straight(although I think it's damaged straight).

Your hair sounds stunning and looks gorgeous and thick from your photo. Shame you couldn't get a photo as it sounds lovely!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 4:17pm

Thanks HFO!! I really admire your hair - the color, texture and thickness is just beautiful. I will try to get a good photo of my spirals soon.

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 11:23am

Curly hair needs moisture more than straight hair. Maybe those CO washes didn't strip as much moisture as the shampoo does?

Keep in mind that the longer your hair gets, the weight will pull those curls out into waves.

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic