Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blemishes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yung Hu$tla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yung Hu$tla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blemishes?
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:37pm
Hi i am new to this part if the forum(i am usually on the wave part,but i was wondering what is the best product for blemishes.
hustlin to get 360 gotta keep on brushing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yung Hu$tla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 6:39pm
how come nobody posting here
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 11:26pm
i would say a really good product for acne is proactive however it can dry out ure skin, but if you just have some blemishes get a spot treatment with 2.5 percent or less of benzol peroxide as it can leave dark scars if you have oily skin but a few blemishes try using just the cleanser from proactive or use the clean and clear products which are excellent for mild blemishes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yung Hu$tla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 6:17pm
i have oily skin, and proactive is to expensive for me.
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:48pm
then use drug store products especially made for acne or blemish prone skin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yung Hu$tla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:56pm
how come nobody is posting it seems that people rarely come to this forum, i guess everybody is busy
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 1:48pm
use clearasil.. it'll dry up ur skin a bit, but it's ok since u have oily skin anyway.. also after u get rid of ur blemishes, exfoliate regularly to keep dirt and skin cells from causing new blemishes.. there are several exfoliants that contain acne medication as well, so u'll be double good to go!

Edited by caramel
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 9:43pm

I recommend starting off slowly.  I have used Clearasil and it has helped me.  I stopped because I was concerned about the main ingredient triclosan and the effects on using it long term.

You can try AcneFree, sold in many drugstores.  I don't recommend ProActiv but then again it wasn't meant for my skin type, oily and sensitive.  There is another acne treatment kit called Klear or Kleer acne something.  I know it is sold at www.drugstore.com and it has gotten many positive reviews.

Anyways keep your regimen simple.  Use a gentle cleanser, a toner is optional but I recommend something gentle and alcohol-free.  Also I recommend an acne treatment.  A low dosage of benzoyl peroxide of 2.5% (found at www.acne.org) or some low dosage of salicylic acid should help.  Also a nice gentle moisturizer with SPF should be good and you are good to go.  Good luck.

NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:13am
I use natural products to fight skin conditions. they may not show results as fast but in the long run your skin will be better for it.  a lot of acne products are very harsh and will strip your skin of the oils you need to protect and promote healthy skin cells.  tee tree oil and lavender are great at combating bacteria that causes acne and preventing scaring, exfoliation is great  you can use oats they are wonderful clensers. Using clay masks to soak up some of the oil will also help deep clean your poores. 
let your beauty be natural!!
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 1:18pm
i have heard asprin masks work well. crush 4-5 uncoated asprin with a bit of water and leave on 15 min
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:13am
I use a product by opaltech to lighten marks caused by acne. My entire face was marked up. But everything has faded now. Proactive is also really good. At the moment I use both. Proactive during the day and the lightening mask at night. I also mix the lightening powder in with the lotion that comes in the proactive kit. It's not as expensive as some of those other brands that don't work. There's a link to the store in my signature below
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 10:22am
I really like the clearasil brand. It's not too expensive and goes on light.
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:24pm

glad it works for someone.....never helped me.

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
UrKinaGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrKinaGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 2:27am
hey!

Heres my acne cure story....maybe my cure will be yours too!  I had bad acne ...inflammatory and noninflammatory... from age 12 to 23. I did proactive..hated that stuff! also went to dermatologists for years and spa treatments.... I finally cured my acne by using Maximum Strength Oxy Cleansing Pads.... but they only worked for me when I used them w out washing my face w any other products. I dont ever wash my face w anything else, and I even avoid letting water touch my face as the water here is really hard.... i use them two to three times daily.... i was almost completely clear w in a week.  

Good luck to you!
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Yung Hu$tla Yung Hu$tla wrote:

Hi i am new to this part if the forum(i am usually on the wave part,but i was wondering what is the best product for blemishes.

steam your face twice a week then use a facial cleanser before applying any topical then you will see a difference.
pr.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 8:36am
tea tree oil and witch hazel are great for a mans acne problem also if you shave it will reduce shaving bumps.
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic