Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Big time flat iron blues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mafalicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big time flat iron blues
    Posted: March 10 2006 at 10:26pm
I have very thick, coarse wavy to curly hair. I finally got a Chi and
that's the only flat iron I have found that can flatten all of my hair and
eliminates all bumps. The only problem is that my hair is super frizzy
and looks like it belongs on a scarecrow after. I have tried Aveda's
hang straight, Bed Head shine serum. Someone told me to let my hair
air dry, but would take forever. Any other suggestions?
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 4:32pm

Use a heat protectant. Spray the protectant on before you blow dry. Also, your hair may be too dry. It may work better if you use conditioners with silicones. A good one is 3 minute miracle by Aussie...but it's so rich in silicones that I would only use it once every other week.

When you apply it, your hair will feel like liquid glass. But DON'T USE OTHER CONDITIONERS AT THE SAME TIME YOU APPLY IT, TRUST ME!!!! And again, it's great for coarse, curly hair, but once every other week is plenty enough times to use it.

Edited by Renata22
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
ocalagirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocalagirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 11:36am
I heard about a product called TAMZ that is not so $$$ and really works.  I get the same thing I use the SOLIA but might return it.  Also some people use Hair wax. sold like at Sally.  Dont use silk elements hair wax, its not that good  :) I somethimes (at home) pin the frizzies down and put a tiny bit of hairspray.  dont do this often cause it will dry it out too much only like an emerg.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic