Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lets talk blonde!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chubbyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubbyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lets talk blonde!
    Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:27am

hey im sophie and im 15

i have semi permenant dark brown/red hair and a heavy trendy fringe. i recently did some hair modelling and really like my hair at the moment BUT i'm naturally a mousy blonde and i really want to go back!

i first died my hair a few years back, i wanted to go brown and ended up ginger ! you can only imagine how distraught i was....anyway i was only 11 and didn't think to strip it off the colour and no-one mentioned it so i was gutted when i found out that i could of done that!

but anyway i constantly tried to die it back to my natural colour through home dies and nothing worked so i decided to have it done at my salon and it worked and was a nice dark brown colour and i've had it that colour for around a year now and i'm getting bored. i Desperately want to go back to my natural blonde plus a few highlights, but last summer my ex-hairdressers told me they wouldnt strip my hair then bleach it because it would damage it too much, this was at toni and guy and i was very annoyed and i don't understand why they would have to bleach it too??

anyway is there anyway i can get to a nice rich honey blonde (lots of highlights) or should i listen to my ex-hairdressers and have brown hair for the rest of my life??! I will pay any price....i just want my blonde hair back!

HELP!

x

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:00am
They could try ColorFix.  I'm not sure how available that is in England, but a salon should have access to it (I'm pretty sure that the public does not have access to it there).  It is a low peroxide way to remove the dye, so is much safer for your hair than bleach.  It will likely turn it an orange or yellow shade, which they can then dye over or just lift a little to get it to a natural looking blonde. 

The other route would be to bleach the dye out, then tone it to blonde, which is what they are talking about, and that would be very damaging (perhaps they think your hair is too damaged for this...they can see it, we cannot, so they would be better judges of that).  You cannot just dye it blonde, that will not work over darker dye (it won't change anything).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubbyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:11am

hey thankx for the reply but my conseltation didnt go so well. it cant be done unless i have blonde highlights onto the brown and ease my way to blonde but i dont want that bcos i hate blonde on brown it looks chavy and horrible so its a no!

thankx for the help and maybe one day i will get my blonde hair back! maybe not...

feel free to keep leaving suggestions as i still really want to be blonde

thankx

Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:46am
Honestly patience pays off I am a ex-hairdresser and many ppl came in with dyed black to dark brown hair & in under 6 months I had them all back to a lovely blonde using Wella Blondor ammonia free bleach- most everyone started out with 3/4 head foils & let me use a toners as godsends when the har was at the nasty orangey shades , not that long until the perfect blondes were achieved.

I know how much you want to be blonde again even I made my hair darker beige & it took a few months of loving care with bleach & toners to get back the old blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubbyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 12:22pm
thankyou, im going to take your advice i called my hairdresser were gonna start with a full head of light brown/ dark blonde highlights and gradually we'll get there! x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic