Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Our little munchin’s tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our little munchin’s tips
    Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:43am

BABIES

Our little fussies. Put a tick tock clock in their room.  He'll settle down.

They have to have some quality time for themselves. This is how they develope.  Also when they wake at night, after  the age of three months, they can put themselves back to sleep.

Tape your baby crying. Then play it back.  He will stop.

Play soft music, that he is use to hearing. The kind he heard, while you were carrying him. This is the music he likes to.

Take a hot water bottle. Rub it all over under his sheet.  Remove it.  Lay him down for his nap now.  

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 9:29pm
Great tips! I don't have any babies of my own yet, but will be getting married soon, and off course will eventually have them. I will deft. keep these tips in mind (wish I would've had them when my nephew was borned) Thanks so much for sharing them. I have a few expecting friends. I will pass the tips along to them as well.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 6:23pm

Baby And Toddler Tips:

So mama can get some sleep to, she need to rest when her baby goes down for his nap.,  

Put a fussy baby  in a car seat, a place it on a dryer that is running.

Give a fussy baby a warm bath.

Get a bouncy chair at a store like Toys R Us with a vibrator.

Gassy babies like to be laid on their stomachs, across your lap or arm and the head supported.

Gassy babies like to lie on their backs, and have their legs peddled.

Gassy babies like to have their stomachs rubbed in a clockwise direction.

Maalox cures a diaper rash.  Just rub it on gently.

So mama won’t go crazy from a screaming baby, put him in his crib and shut the door. But first make sure he has been changed, fed, and isn’t hurt. Walk away for a few minutes, then return. It’s better for both of you.

Cut their fingernails while their sleeping.

If your baby doesn’t sleep good in his crib, then bring one side of his bumper in closer to him, to about the size of a bassinet. This way it isn’t so spacious and scary.

A cold carrot helps with teething. Watch an make sure he doesn’t bite off any big  pieces.

Toddlers eat best, when given small portions.

Plastic cups make nice tub toys for them.

If baby is fussing, just turn on a vacuum. No need to run it.

Take a fussy baby for a ride. He’ll fall to sleep.

Make a cassette tape of you talking. Play it for him when you’re busy. Then he will know mama is close by. Pop in every now and then.

Make a tape of some soft music and play that.

Or make a tape of the music you played while carrying him. This is the music he knows and remembers. After all he's heard it enough.

I even played soft music for mine all night. Then they didn’t wake up  scarred to death. It’s a frightening situation when no one is around.

Mine all turned out great. Have one that is an engineer, one a web designer, one a teacher, and one a tile contractor. So I guess we did something right.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 7:04pm
You sure did! thank you so much for all the tips. I'm sure they will come in handy!
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 8:43pm
You're more than welcome. Check out all my other useful tips from other categories on here guys. You may find even more beneficial.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:27am
Parent's need to participate in some of their children's activities. They love this. More fun for them. After all parents you had, and wanted them. So now enjoy!  Not all parent's are given this oportunity.

Next time you purchase a large appliance, save the box. Give it to your child to play with. It develops their creativity, and skills.

If they won't drink juices. Try putting them in a soda can.  Kids love things out of a  can.

If they are fussy eaters. Then try putting out some healthy choices, for them to choose from. They'll eat something. Then sit back and enjoy your meal. Stop fussing at them. They'll be fine.

If you get upset because a child isn't eating, it only puts knots in their stomachs, and they can't eat anyway. You already did your part mom, by putting out the healthy foods.

If your concerned about your child's eating habits, then check with his doc. He may be able to suggest some vitamins he can take. At least you will have peace of mind from the doc's  advice.

Let your kids pick out their own snacks, fruits and vegetables. You just supervise and make sure there healthy.  The food will be more appetizing to them. You'll find they'll even eat better.

Sneak tiny cut up pieces of vegetables in spaghetti sauces, or the liking. No one will know there in the sauces etc.

When you go out to eat, take along some coloring books and crayons. After all some of the diner's, supply the children with them. So just take your own, where they don't.

I even took chalkboard paint, and painted one wall, in their bedrrom with it. Then they could draw until the cows came home.  Never did they write or draw on my walls. Worked like a charm.

I made monster crayons for them. Enjoyed them more than the plain crayons. Even kept them amused and occupied longer.

I let them bake with me. Just controled the danger areas.

Kids like to feel useful. So when ever we had some minor repairs, we let them help. Maybe hold the flashlight, get the masking tape, or pliers etc. You get the idea. When they ask to help, never push them away. Always find something small for them to do.

If they want to help wash the car, then so be it. Give them a bucket of water, and a sponge. Or if they want to help you, paint the house outside. Give them a bucket of water, and a paint brush. No harm done, and you know what their up to.

The biggest problem with parent's today is, they don't have time, or simply won't take time. They don't care if their roaming the streets, and getting into trouble. As long as they stay out of the parents hair.

Wrong Answer. Time to wake up and smell the roses. Then you wonder why there is, so much terrorism in the world! You caused it parents, because you won't get involved.

LETTING KIDS RUN WILD, CAUSES, TERROR, DESTRUCTION, AND EVEN DEATH!

IF THIS IS THE KIND OF WORLD YOU WANT TO LIVE IN, THEN CONTINUE. BUT IF IT ISN'T, GET INVOLVED AND DO YOUR PART.

I CHERISH LIVING ALONG WITH MY FAMILY. SO I CHOSE THE LATER.

Listen to conversations at the supper table. You can usually spot a troubling child. Let each one tell you about his day. The one that refuses, keep a closer eye on. Something could be wrong, maybe at school, or home. But don't just ignore it.

Kids have got this idea that their parents are perfect. Time to confess up parents. If you don't you may never hear, what's troubling your child.
A perfect parent to a child, makes the child feel like he's no good.
So get with it. The child may even feel like he's in a lot of trouble, if he does open up. But the point I'm trying to make is, help now while their young. The world is full of enough bullies, and terror.

IF EVERYONE WOULD PARTICIPATE, THE WORLD WOULD BE A SAFER PLACE.

TOO MANY OF OUR CHILDREN ARE NOW LIVING IN THE DARK, BECAUSE OF WRONG CHOICES THEY CHOSE!

Thanks for letting me pick your brains, and listening to me. It just erks  when I see kids out of control.

blacklisttom07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklisttom07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 4:19am
It's my first time to come here.
Haha,Nice to meet everybody.
I learn from my friends that
this forum is very interesting. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic