Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a different kind of blonde question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yeahyeahyeah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a different kind of blonde question
    Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:19am

Hello,

I have been dying my hair brow for about 3 years now and I would like to go back to my natural blonde colour.  Last time I tried it was a complete disaster.  My roots went bright orange and the rest of my hair was a not so nice yellow colour. 

I was wondering if I should do this again should I bleach first?  And if I bleach how long should I wait until dying it blonde?

I don't really want to go to a salon, but if I have to I will.  I have seen salons just dye hair and leave the roots be and I am afraid this will happen.  What should I do?

thanks for all your help.

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 10:40pm
If you use a bleach/lightener try to do it gradually in stages by level. Don't try to go too light all at once. You'll get a more desirable result. jmho
yeahyeahyeah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 7:59am

thanks for the reply!

how would I go about bleaching it in different stages by levels? And if I did this should I bleach my roots?

I know bleach will take out my brown haircolor...but will it change the color of my natural blonde roots at the top? 

Edited by yeahyeahyeah
LaVelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaVelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:10pm

You need to remove the color first.  Colorfix is available at Sally's.  Sometimes bleach will not lift out the color and it drives the color molecules into the shaft where they cannot be removed.  After removing the color your hair will be orange.

Try to bleach only the previously colored hair.  Then you can tone the bleached hair to match (somewhat) your roots.  If you bleach your roots, it will lighten them as well.

I've had hair stylists who suggest touching up your roots a half shade lighter each time you do a color touchup.  This gets you back to color you want to be gradually with minimal damage to your hair.  I've never been that paitent.

I have bleached to remove brown color and been successful, but I knew the color I had used did not contain any direct dyes.  It is more damaging to the hair.

Vel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic