Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Its been awhile!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its been awhile!
    Posted: March 22 2006 at 1:41pm

Hey all!  Its been a while!  I've been so busy since I've now graduated!  Anyways, just wanted to update and say I have missed you all!

I have highlighted my hair.  I know 4 years ago I swore I'd never do it again... but I got tired of not being able to change my hair!  With thin/fine fragile hair.... its hard to make cute cuts.  So color was my other option.  Its now mostly light brown/blonde.  I'll add some pics later on tonight.

I've tried not to go to the salon more than every 3 months but that wasn't working for me.  My hair would get so stringy!  I found a lady that is working with me ....I told her my hopes for long hair.  I've been going every 6 weeks and she just trims a tiny bit and blunt ends the back.  I don't care to spend the money.... I really don't have any choice.  I'd rather have healthy hair then it be stringy with split ends.  What do you all think about this.  Also, anything extra I should be doing to care for my hair now that it was highlighted? (volume 20)  I have to shampoo everyday or it gets greasy. I also condition just the ends every day as well.

Thanks so much!

Edited by AmberJune
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 3:50pm
Amber I just looked at your pics from winter and it looks like you're doing a good job with your progress. Your hair is getting longer than it was a year or so ago. I'd say stick with what you're doing as long as it continues to work this well.

Have you tried any of the other washing methods? Not that you have to.

Even on boards where it seems like everyone is washing the same way the truth is there are plenty of people doing things their own way. Both new members and long timers. So if you don't mind washing everyday and it's working the way you want it to then there's no reason to switch unless you get bored and feel experimental.

I'm glad you are making progress. And I don't care whether you highlight or not as long as you do it for your own reasons. Same goes for anything else you do.

Edited by PurpleBubba
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:23pm
Hey AmberJune, welcome back and congratulations on graduating!!! Looking forward to seeing your photos. It sounds like you're taking great care of your hair.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 7:42pm

Wow! Congratulations AmberJune

What was your major?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:47am

Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

Amber I just looked at your pics from winter and it looks like you're doing a good job with your progress. Your hair is getting longer than it was a year or so ago. I'd say stick with what you're doing as long as it continues to work this well.

Have you tried any of the other washing methods? Not that you have to.

Even on boards where it seems like everyone is washing the same way the truth is there are plenty of people doing things their own way. Both new members and long timers. So if you don't mind washing everyday and it's working the way you want it to then there's no reason to switch unless you get bored and feel experimental.

I'm glad you are making progress. And I don't care whether you highlight or not as long as you do it for your own reasons. Same goes for anything else you do.

Hey hun!  Your hair is beautiful as ever!  I hate to burst your bubble but those pics are very misleading.... lol  The pics of me which are little over shoulder length hair is my REAL hair.... the pics of longer hair....was clip in extentions....they looked real didn't they! lol lol lol    I WISH my hair was that thick and long .  boooo  I'm starting to think it will never grow....i've been a member of this board...for I believe 4 years or so... and its still only grown a little bit since then.

Edited by AmberJune
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:48am
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Wow! Congratulations AmberJune

What was your major?

Anais

Thanks so much!  It was Management Information Systems.  Unfortunately,  I have yet to use it.  I'm currently just working at Ntelos selling phones.  "sigh"

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:54am

Originally posted by SpecialKitty SpecialKitty wrote:

Hey AmberJune, welcome back and congratulations on graduating!!! Looking forward to seeing your photos. It sounds like you're taking great care of your hair.

Thanks so much!  Im trying to take good care of my hair but I think that coloring it wasn't very good for it.  I'm just so thankful that I have found a good stylist who LISTENS to what I want and understands that I want my hair to grow longer.  So going in and getting trims every 6 weeks is no big thing...because she only trims the minimum. 

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 8:02pm
I still say do what you feel like doing.

You have to decide for yourself what you want. Do you want your current hair or do you want to grow it? I don't know if you can have both or not? Do you use irons or blow dryers?

What products are you using?

Thanks for the compliments :)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

I really don't have any choice.  I'd rather have healthy hair then it be stringy with split ends.  What do you all think about this.

I think you should do what you've been doing.  You've stated and are following your preference.   You and your hair are looking great.  Congrats on the degree; getting that first big job can be tough.  Hang in there, keep looking (and take anything for the experience - it'll lead to your next better opportunity).  Good luck... and welcome back!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic