Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blow Drying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blow Drying
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:29pm
Does anyone have any tips on getting smooth & sleek when blow drying?
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:15pm
This is kind of tricky.  Basically focus more on the roots since the roots of the hair will basically "set" the hair style.  The reason why I said it is tricky because it takes practice and frankly I haven't fully mastered that part so I gave up.
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:23pm
I use a little serum while my hair is wet along with my other leave-ins, then I use a  large, flat, square paddle brush, about 3in x4in, with plastic bristles.  I blow each section, roots to ends, brush in one hand and dryer in the other.  Honestly, it has taken me years to get the technique down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 8:57am
Wouldn't a paddle brush rip out hairs?
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 1:35pm
I use a paddle brush too.  The Hairdressers make it look so easy.  I know my hair dresser uses a ceramic blowdryer so I'm sure that's how she's able to get my hair SUPER straight.
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
butterfly73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:24pm

I go to the Dominicians and they are able to get my hair bone straight!  They use a roller brush, serum and ceramic blow-dryer.  I have duplicated the process at home and have been pleased with the results.  I work from the roots out as well.  The hair dryer is close to the brush with the section of hair that I have selected (if that makes sense:) ).  Move the brush and dryer together in the same direction.

Hope that helps!

Shining Always...Humbly awaiting your reply

Butterfly73

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:44pm
So I'm guessing, just like a blow out that most white chicks get?! Has anyone watched the show Blow Outs? .. Anyways.. how about none frizzy with a 20 dollar Andis blow dryer..with a pix attachment?
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by butterfly73 butterfly73 wrote:

I go to the Dominicians and they are able to get my hair bone straight!  They use a roller brush, serum and ceramic blow-dryer. 

Are you talking about a round brush? 

Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:28pm
my hairdresser uses a round brush on mine..its just beautiful when it comes out and will last 2 weeks
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 2:54pm

Here is the exact paddle brush I use...if it is a good one it won't rip out hairs. it costs about $15 and is called the Via Crystal Ion Paddle Brush.

Hair type: 4a Relaxed
Current Length: Chin
Hair Goal: Mid Back
http://public.fotki.com/tiajanice/   Password : haircrazy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic