Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair pic!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair pic!
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 8:01pm

Here it issssss!  I want it to bsl!!!

Edited by AmberJune
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 8:47pm
Wow, your hair is very pretty, AmberJune!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 2:50am

I agree with horse lover; it does look really nice.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:20am
Cute clip, cool scarf, glam make-up, gorgeous hair colour....wow! Thanks for posting that AmerJune   Your hair is looking long too.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 6:44am

Hi Amber,

Your hair looks really great.  The color is so pretty.  Don't feel bad about the highlights, cause they really brighten up your face and 20 volume is not that harsh.  You mentioned that you still wash your hair everyday - Have the tried washing every other day with just conditioner.  I have fine hair and a light conditioner dosn't weigh it down. You also mentioned that you condition just the ends everyday.  Is that because conditioner wieghs down your hair?  How often do you use a deep conditioner? I would try to use it once per week - it will especially help if you are experiencing any dryness with the highlights (although your hair dosn't look dry in the pics, it actually looks nice and silky)

Getting a 1/4 inch trim every 6 weeks is a great plan.  When I was trying to grown my hair, I got what my stylist called a "dusting" every time I came in to get my roots touched up.  This is even less than 1/4 inch - it just reshapes your style and results in a fine dust on the floor.

Overall it sounds like you are gentle with your hair and it should be long in no time! I think you could be at BS by Christmas next year if you do just the dusting trims!

Keep us updated!

Noelle

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 7:57am

Thanks so much for everyones replys. 

Noey:

As for putting the conditioner on the ends of my hair...your right...I do that because I'm afraid it will weigh my hair down. I have never tried the CO method. My hair tends to get greasy pretty quickly..so I've been hesitant but I will consider it this weekend!  I also like to oil my hair.  I have Loreal Mega Moisture oil.  I'm not sure if thats the exact name of it...by I know its by loreal and you can only get it at Sallys.  It smells wonderful.  I've been trying to oil at least once every two weeks.  But I'll start doing it once every week.  I've been getting the "dusting" done every 6 weeks now for the last 2 times... and I must say my hair is doing better with more frequent trims.... or "dustings" lol  Fine hair is so hard to keep pretty... it gets stringy so easily if you use heat products like I do (Blow dryer, and straightener)  I think I will oil my hair tonight actually and leave it in over night.   Right now I am just working on getting the ends to not look so thin.  Another thing I have noticed is I get those stupid little fly aways... I wish they'd grow out .. cause they bother me!  What can I do about them?  My hair is very thin/fine so its hard to find any product to put over them that won't weigh down my hair. Any other suggestions?

Edited by AmberJune
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:38pm
AmberJune, I want to ask you about your supplementation regimen.  What do you take, and how is your diet overall?  Here is one thread (there may be more on this board) where this is discussed... 
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 11:11pm
AmberJune, you look beautiful and so does your hair. I know you think your hair isn't growing, but it is. It looks longer to me than the last time you showed us a current photo of the length. Also, the color is perfect. As for the ends, they don't look wispy or thin to me. Anyway, thanks for posting the photo!
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 10:47pm
stunning..absolutely stunning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic