Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Way too dark!!! . . . please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LeeLu444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeLu444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Way too dark!!! . . . please help
    Posted: March 24 2006 at 12:02am

Okay so to start off my best friend is in beauty college, and i'm basically her guinea pig.  I have thick, curly , long about mid back  length  hair and my natural color is about a carmel blonde . The style I wanted was some warm highlights on top, and a couple shades darker than my natural color under that starts about the middle of my ear. Well she did it,  and the top highlights look great , BUT the color that was chosen for the under part was WAY too dark it was a medium copper brown I think it was a # 4 or a # 5. And I did'nt know the contrast was going to be so dramatic.  Everyone thinks I have one of those fake hair pony tails in when i wear it up.

I really want it to be a calmer lighter color so that you can tell the under part is darker ,but not like night and day (litterally)

So how would I go about lightening it up a few shades, and toning some of the red out so it's more of a lighter chocolate brown color ?

Please please help , thank you

Jessica

Edited by LeeLu444
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:44pm
Give it some time, and use dishwashing liquid when you wash it (on the bottom, at least). I came here with nearly black hair and after giving it some fading time, it is much lighter. You should wait to see what it fades out to be. If it doesn't fade to a satisfactory color with a few weeks, then you will need to explore other options with your hairstylist. Some of these options can be damaging, so try to wait it out a bit first.
LeeLu444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeLu444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:56pm

Okay  i'll definatly try almost anything at this point. Thank you so much for the help.

jessica

Jessica V.
brittney4824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittney4824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:23am
Use Prell shampoo is cheap and it worksbut only use it on the part you want to dull out because it will do the same for your highlights on top!!!! Good luck.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 10:14pm
 You could try a kinda lightening shampoo,such as John Frieda's Blonde collection (you can get pretty much anywhere,like walmart)  It has stuff like lemon juice that really does lighten and wash out dark color. I have used it many times when my hair has seemed too dark.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic