Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monthly progress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monthly progress
    Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:53pm
Hey there everyone - After a stressful month I decided to do a Cassia (neutral henna treatment). I had tried one with a small sample awhile ago and liked the results. Soooooo, for my birthday I ordered 300g of Cassia from Hennaforhair.com and it came yesterday. After the treatment, then CO, then air drying, I measured my length and circumference. My length is 20.5 inches (half inch of growth this month - slower than previous months, but I'm not complaining). My circumference was the big surprise - a whopping 3" (it is usually 2.5"). I wonder if the Cassia helps with thickness? Anyway, I'm pleased with the results. My hair feels soft, is wavy, and shiny. I'm not sure how often to do the Cassia treatment - I have enough left over for several more treatments......any advice Rini? Thanks! (Others please post their progress on this thread if you like)

Edited by SpecialKitty
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:31pm
Hi, SpecialKitty, your hair is looking very nice! My hair doesn't have very much progress to speak of!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:46pm
Cool! Glad you're pleased with it.

I haven't tried cassia, but I'm curious about Indian herbs. One of these
days...
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 3:53am

Yay SpecialKitty!!!   Yes, that would be the Cassia doing it's thickening thing for you.  You can Cassia anytime you like, but once a month would be sufficient without breaking the bank.

So is your hair 20.5 or 21.5 now? (sig and post differ).  In your pic, it looks longer!! 

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 4:00am
Congrats! Your hair looks so thick and healthy!
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 6:26am

WoW!

I can remember having long hair off and on like yours.

My hair has always been medium fine. But especially in my 20's, my hair was thick,..so thick I needed lots of barrettes and a huge pony tail, and a baseball cap to work at the Bakery!!

Now I'm low maintenence.

I'm 35, and over all happy.

Thanks,..

Love, katie;) 

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 10:21am
Thanks all for your kind words! I can't say enough about the cassia - it is easy to work with, and fast (only 1/2 hour on the hair) and it rinses out easily. I may graduate to henna and indigo sometime in the future, but for now this works great for me. Rini, I edited my post to show the correct length - 20.5 inches. My fingers must have had some wishful thinking when I typed 21.5 inches. But hopefully I will get there in the next couple of months......
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 11:29am
Very nice SK. Looks strong and in great condition

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 6:21pm
Thanks redhairedgirl!
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:44am
awesome, i could use some more thickness too...can't wait to try the henna & glad to hear it's going well for you SK! looks like the long hair forum is going through a henna craze here lately 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 8:05pm
Quite surprised that your ponytail thickness has increased so much after the henna, SK.  I guess the strands must be getting filled/plumped with quite a bit of color, huh? 

While all the red henna'ed hair 'round here truly looks great, the dark brown in your signature picture looks terrific on you, Christine. (Is that a 3000 GT?)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 11:40am

Hi Dave,

Quick note - I didn't henna with any color, I just did a neutral henna with Cassia obovata which is colorless. It is supposed to be just a conditioner, and help with shine and thickness. It did both very well. The color you see in my photo is my natural color. It is a bit blurry so you can't see the greys coming it!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 12:33pm
Special Kitty,

Thank you for the lesson.  I learned something today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic