Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

keira knightley bobbed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amyvr6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyvr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keira knightley bobbed
    Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:07am

i noticed yesterday in a uk newspaper that keira had her21st birthday this week and the picture was her with her hair styled into a flapper style bob.

i will try to find a picture from somewhere.

a

Tango2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tango2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 3:29am
Read that same article myself yesterday. This is the only pic I could find of her 21st 'do': Keira's flappy-bob 

Tango2000
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 5:44am

Looks like an old Winona Ryder style--did as little for her as this does for KK. Still she's only young and still needs to experiment a lot, I guess. I never knew until recently that KK was the chick in Bend It Like Beckham. She looked a bit lanky--but the hair was short there too (does she prefer short hair? No doubt she'll soon settle into the Diva long hair thing).

I wouldn't call this new style a bob: more like a crop of some kind.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:34am
 I would have *hated* living in the flapper era. (lol) My ancestors were coal miners, and I can only imagine them ascending from the mines after a 14 hour work day, and seeing that their wives had had their bountiful tresses shorn into one of these greasy crops! Ugh! Best, Bob
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:53pm
I so concur, Bob. In fact, if I saw this hairstyle every day, I would change my name from Bob just to disassociate myself from it.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 11:32am

VERY funny Kramer!  Actually, it is. But, I do not hate bobs. As short cuts go, they often look nice. But those "flapper era" bobs! I've never seen a flapper cut that looked outstanding. And if you look at those same women in photos from a few years prior,

I can only imagine how deflating those times must have been for men. I understand the politics of the era, and why some women did that, but I'd have been more than thrilled to allow my wife to vote in my place, IF she'd agree to refrain from abarber shop visit! BTW, most women AND men had extremely tough lives in those days. Blessings, Bob

Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 3:22pm

Some better pictures here on her in Rome http://s10.invisionfree.com/Victorianpages/index.php?showtop ic=11682

Looks much better.

Edited by Robocop
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 2:36am
I think that her own hair is probably very thin and of poor quality. Extensions are a blessing for such women. Although she seems to like them, I feel the short cuts tend to emphasize her lankiness (as in Bend It Like Beckham).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic