Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tried everything!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curly_Que View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Que Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tried everything!
    Posted: March 30 2006 at 5:24pm
Ever since the dreaded puberty struck, I've had acne. It's not really really bad, but definitely bad enough. I've tried everything I can think of: ProActive; Nature's Cure; soaps, creams, bars; home remedies; even went to a dermatologist and got two different prescriptions. All of them worked for a little while, then the acne came back. Right now I'm using Melaleuca's "Zap It!" line, and that's working out alright... I still get breakouts but not nearly as bad as before, and I can usually track them by my cycle. But I'm getting really sick of running out of concealer every month, not to mention the permanent red blotches on my face (no actual scars, thank God, but they've still left a mark).

Anyway, does anyone know any kind of sure-fire way to get rid of acne, other than waiting it out? It's been 12 years, I don't think waiting is gonna help much, and I don't want the damage to get worse before it gets better.
Need Change View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Need Change Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 4:32pm
Try Mary Kay Products. They have a line just for Comb/Oily skin. It works great. I have so many friends that use it I'm thinking of becoming a rep.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 9:35pm
Maybe going the gentle route may help you.  Nothing drastic but try using gentle products.  The reason why I suggest this is because I noticed that when I use products created for acne prone skin, it made my skin worse.  Now I just take it easy and use gentle cleanse, toners, and moisturizers.  I save the acne treatment for one product.  Either some low strength acne treatment.  Doesn't hurt to try the organic route.
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:29am
I agree with the gentle products. the chemicles in skin care are mostly there for preservatives and stabelizers so they dont help your skin they may actuall harm it. I use all natural products that I make out of seeds oils and herbs.  Herbs and essential oils are very effective  at evening out your skin and they help do many other things like promote you skin to heal faster when you do have a blemish.  I have a website you can read more about my all natural products.  I am very happy with my sikin I hardly ever have any acne but every month I will get one or two break outs I think that is just how it is being a woman 
let your beauty be natural!!
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:36am
Proactive is the best product I have tried. Once you get over the irritation from the benzoil peroxide. Might take a week. i also use products by opaltech77 which bleaches dark marks left by the acne and exfoliates the skin gently. I used to have really bad skin and now it's near flawless except for a few tiny scars. Their link is in my signature.  I wish I had known about them in high school.
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:00pm

when i was about 16 i had this problem and tried everything under the sun and derma doctors the simple truth is i was doing more damage nothign was working but i finally found a solution and im 24 now with GREAT skin you cant even tell ive ever had a pimple go to my post that says very simple acne and skin regimen that is the simple truth and all to it. Its coming from your inside stop torturing your outside.

Babycheeks
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:22pm
damn
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:07pm
Try Lavender Oil.  I know it may sound weird because it's an oil, but get the essential oil Lavender.  It's known to clear acne, burns, etc. and best of all it's natural.
Also another idea I just conjured up is Aloe Vera.  It's gentle and healing gel works too.  Just make sure you get the one without all of the chemicals.  You can also get the gel straight from the aloe plant.
HTH
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 8:58pm
yeah i use aloevera, jojoba oil,and distilled water mixture in a spray bottle on my hair you can also use it o n your skin its great to shave with as well.
Babycheeks
UrKinaGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrKinaGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 2:23am
hey!

Heres my acne cure story....maybe my cure will be yours too!  I had bad acne ...inflammatory and noninflammatory... from age 12 to 23. I did proactive..hated that stuff! also went to dermatologists for years and spa treatments.... I finally cured my acne by using Maximum Strength Oxy Cleansing Pads.... but they only worked for me when I used them w out washing my face w any other products. I dont ever wash my face w anything else, and I even avoid letting water touch my face as the water here is really hard.... i use them two to three times daily.... i was almost completely clear w in a week.  

Good luck to you!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 12:02am
 Ya gotta go back to the dermatologist! I have been many times and I'm 29!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic