Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinning hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinning hair?
    Posted: April 01 2006 at 2:25pm
 I think my hair is starting to thin out. (Back story. About 3 years ago, my son got something stuck in the back of my hair. I tried to remove it, failed, and ended up cutting out a small part of my hair.) I have noticed that even with the left side left alone, as it was only on the right side), my hair seems to be much thinner than it was when I was younger.

Any ideas on how to correct this? I had stopped taking MSN but just restarted on it.
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 4:08pm
First thing you need to assess is whether or not you are eating correctly.  Poor nutrition will cause thinning hair.  First time I ever did a high-protein diet really hardcore, my hair thinned out quite a bit.

Another culprit could be stress.  Also, are you taking vitamins, gelatin supplements, or even collodial minerals?  They can help thicken hair up.

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 1:02pm

I've had good results with MSM, daily multi vitamin, calcium and evening primrose oil. I think my thinning was hormone related. My hair is much thicker now. Oh, and I just did a Cassia obovata (neutral henna) treatment, and it really helped to thicken the hair shaft.

Edited by SpecialKitty
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 5:49pm
Balanced diet, including comprehensive supplementation helps a lot.  (Don't forget Water).  I've found that Silica in the form of Horsetail herb (equisetum arvense) reduces fallout.  I also supplement otherwise with some of the aforementioned products.

Aerobic exercise helps strengthen the cardiopulmonary system, allowing your body to deliver the dietary goodies to the hungry hair follicles. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic